Has anyone here done the Ultimate Hike? (or ever hike Foothills Trail in NC/SC barefoot?)

peacekaren

Barefooters
May 7, 2010
I'm considering signing up to do the Ultimate Hike this summer. If I do, I'll be hiking barefoot (as always).

Ultimate Hike is a fundraiser event for CureSearch to benefit childrens' cancer research. The event (there are 4 this year) is a 20-30 mile one-day hike. In my case, if I decide to do it, it will 28.3 miles on the Foothills Trail in SC and NC.

http://www.ultimatehike.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1100293

I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with this hike event or this trail. Any thoughts about the trail conditions for barefoot hiking?

Peace,
Karen

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
No experience, but great to see you back!
Hope all is well with you and the family.
Any of the kids into Ska yet?

Hi, Karen. Miss you!

Awww. So nice to be missed. :happy: I miss you all, too. I'm doing well and so is the family (thanks for asking, Longboard).

I almost never run anymore so I haven't been around here much. I'm doing a lot more hiking these days and, as noted above, I'm considering training for an ultra distance hike this summer. If I decide to go for it I'll start joining in the weekly mileage threads.

And yes, Longboard, both kids are into ska. My husband's kick-a$$ ska band practices in our basement so we're all treated to a weekly live performance.

Peace,
Karen

Reactions: Longboard
Good Luck Karen,
You kan DO EET!

Reactions: peacekaren