Group run - Oregon Chapter.

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
I'm posting this here, and in the Oregon chapter and on FB. So take that.

Saturday, June 9th, 6:30 p.m., Lower McCleay Park. Review of the Race for the Animals route.
Prepare to die. Um, I mean, only come to this run if you are hard core. :) It's a 10k run. Lot's o' rocks and gravel. There might be mud. Sun won't be setting til 9 p.m. The mosquitos will try to eat you. Let's grab a beer/food afterwards. :) Who's in??? Invite your friends!!! From Burnside (going East toward Portland) turn left on NW 23rd, or, from Burnside (going West toward the beach) turn right on NW Burnside. Turn left on Upshur, keep going straight and it leads right into the parking lot for Lower McCleay Park. Call me if you need to: 503-410-0992

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Boy you and Mike just like to hear me whine. ;) I'll will see what I can do to be there. Thanks for doing a Saturday run!
Actually I am going to post a second run for the following Saturday, the16th, for the wusses. ;) I had to do this one first cuz the actual race is on the 23rd and some people have not even seen the course. I'd rather they freak out now. And Mike is gone for awhile so you may not have to hear him laugh at you at all! :D I would definitely not do next Saturdays run if I were you (no man would ever warn you -but I'm not a man)! But you should come hang out with afterwards! :D

Oh I may run it, but I will definitely bring my Lunas just in case. I'm not one who's too manly to admit when I need to put footwear on.

And if you post it a s a Calendar Event in the Calendar, it will create a thread for you automatically in the Upcoming Events forum. ;)

Reactions: jldeleon
T.J., I went to the Calendars thing and tried to post it, but I can't even figure out how to post a new thread...help! I tried clicking on the day, date, etc. but there is no field to enter anything.

Oh I may run it, but I will definitely bring my Lunas just in case. I'm not one who's too manly to admit when I need to put footwear on.

I have already run it barefoot, so I know I "can". Problem is, in my opinion, the Luna's will make you slip more on the rocks on Lower McCleay. Just saying. :) They would be perfect for Leif Erickson, however. I may bring mine, in fact, I should bring my Brancas (I won them!) -I haven't worn them yet. Of course, that would probably not be the place to test them out. They are much thicker and softer than my Lunas so I would think they would grip the giant rocks better. Or I should just man up!

My Lunas are not your Lunas. Yours are of the original neoprene variety that are flat while mine are the ATS (All Terrain Sandal) and have tread on the bottom and are slightly thicker than yours. Mine have a strap system like the bedrock sandals that I just retrofitted myself (couldn't stand Lunas ATS strapping that was originally on them as they had too many seams that irritated my skin). I would try the Brancas out somewhere else. Mike, Dan, Lomad and I met the guy who makes them a while back when Jason Robillard was here.

I have found out at my inlaws that bigger gravel, of the two inch variety, is easier for me to run on than the standard 3/4" crush. Not sure why it's easier at all for me but it doesn't hurt as much.

Reactions: jldeleon
Looky here:

PostNewEvent.png

TJ -that doesn not show up anywhere on mine. :(

BWAHAHAHHAAA! I just realized our run is going to run right into the Naked Fig Leif Run! Cool, we can run into naked people and then rip off our own clothes! :)

BWAHAHAHHAAA! I just realized our run is going to run right into the Naked Fig Leif Run! Cool, we can run into naked people and then rip off our own clothes! :)
....why does every other thread I read that you participate in involve taking clothes off??? o_O
I'm telling you....Oregon people.......:D

If you give me the exact address and event details, I will add this event to the Calendar for you. Where is Joshh? Is he not going to be there? I know he is coming out of an injury.

He's always fishing - really. He is going to be fishing during the June 9th one. Hopefully he can come to the June 16th one, I will find out shortly as he will see I just posted it on FB.

Here, I figured it out.

From Burnside (going East toward Portland) turn left on NW 23rd, or, from Burnside (going West toward the beach) turn right on NW Burnside. Turn left on Upshur, keep going straight and it leads right into the parking lot for Lower McCleay Park.

It just took me so long to find this thread. I need to pay better attention to the bread crumbs... Anyhow Jen, just wanted to let you know I will not make it this Saturday after all but I should have no problems for next Saturdays run. Finals start next week and I really have to study...

It just took me so long to find this thread. I need to pay better attention to the bread crumbs... Anyhow Jen, just wanted to let you know I will not make it this Saturday after all but I should have no problems for next Saturdays run. Finals start next week and I really have to study...

Well you are ridiculous wanting to study for tests. You are just afraid you might see naked people! ;)

That too.... Have you seen those people that do the naked bike ride? What makes you think I want to see them naked out in the woods? It's kind of like my wife not wanting to see me naked. Makes her shudder, and not in a good way. Someday I'll lose this fat and be back to my sexy self. :D