Great News: More Barefoot Runners than Ever

A few months ago I was the only barefoot runner on our beach in Siesta Key. Today I counted 8 and about the same number of shod runners. Thanks to the barefoot runners in our fledgling chapter. Our humble strategy has been to run barefoot and smile while often wearing our BRS shirts. On another note barefoot runners always look like they are running smoother, lighter and more joyfully.

I saw a barefoot runner a few

I saw a barefoot runner a few days ago where I like to normally run. I was actually "trying" to run in my huaraches (I'm a failure with these things.), and did a u-turn when I spotted him to go talk to him. He said he's been running barefoot for a month. He was the second one I have ever seen in the near three years I've been doing this. The first guy (about 1-1/2 years ago) was carrying a pair of boat anchors, and the second guy was carrying Filas. I got the first guy to join here, but he's been inactive. I'm hoping to find the second guy's membership registration in pending status soon.

The BRS is really growing too!

Hey Marc, I go on vacation

Hey Marc,

I go on vacation most years to Siesta Key beach for a week, last year I saw at least a dozen barefoot runners a day. The years before i saw almost none each week so there was a big change last year compared to the years before...I know most of those I saw probably don't barefoot anywhere else but it is a change in the right direction for sure....their not so skared anymore!

OMG!  I ran into ANOTHER

OMG! I ran into ANOTHER barefoot runner tonight on my run. He's been running on and off for a year, and has gotten his barefoot mileage up to one. I told him about the BRS. He said he's checked our site out before. He'll, hopefully, be joining here soon. Yeah!

Marc, I'm suprized you don't

Marc, I'm suprized you don't have a lot more people joining if you are out there humbly running in just shirts and smiles. Wow! That's some advertising strategy!

I saw ANOTHER barefooter this

I saw ANOTHER barefooter this morning on my run! I can't believe it! That's three in one week! Geez! Of course, I gave him our site's url, but he said he's more transitioning from minimal walking to barefoot walking with some running. I told him we have runners, walkers, and hikers here. We'll see if he joins. Two women commented on us as they walked past that we must be part of some barefoot club, and he says we have a secret handshake and everything, so I said it was more like a secret footshake, of which they all laughed. So far, of the three I saw, only one has joined that I know of and that's Jesse!

Welcome, Jesse!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts