GoLite Black Mountain Thermal Wind Pant

PB Junkie

Barefooters
Oct 31, 2011
Idaho
http://www.golite.com/Ws-Black-Mountain-Thermal-Wind-Pant-P766.aspx

I was in need of a new pair of winter running pants as my Sporthill XC pants were pretty much shredded after seven winters of running in the cold. Based on a review in Running and Rambling, I thought I'd try the GoLite Black Mountain Thermal Wind Pants. To maintain thread discipline ;) here is the required info:

Ground Feel - NA
Zero Drop - NA
Flexibility - 5
Toe Box - NA
Weight - 4
Comfort - 5
Fit -4
Traction - NA
Durability - So far, so good
Performance - 5
Cross Training - haven't used them for anything but running
Design - 5
Aesthetics - 5

I ordered my normal women's size medium, based on their sizing chart. When I tried them on, they were a little on the loose side, but I figured that would be helpful when wearing tights underneath in colder temps. They have a drawstring waist which works well to snug up the waistline.

One thing I noticed when putting them on is that they are a little noisy, i.e., they "swish" a little when walking/running. Once I wore them outside, I didn't notice any noise.

They have two side zipper pockets and one middle back small pocket (for I.D.?). The side pockets are adequate for my normal items (kleenex, doggie bags, gloves).

The interior is a light brushed fleece, which is very soft and comfortable. The knee area is an interesting design that allows for good movement and isn't restrictive.

I've worn these pants quite a few times now, the most recent was yesterday. When I started out it was 16f and when I finished, it had dropped to 14f. I wore my UA tights underneath. I was very comfortable in these temps with my tights and pants over top.

I would give these pants 5 stars out of 5. Very comfortable, good functionality and stylish. The price is definitely a plus.

I need a pair of pants that don't "swish" while I run.
One thing I value about BF running is the complete silence....noisy pants or jackets kind of ruin that.

Reactions: NickW
Zetti, I could hear the pants while walking around in the house, but once I was outside, I didn't notice it.

You might look into the Sporthill XC pants. I believe they're made with polypropylene (sp?) and don't make any noise. They're a little pricey, but mine lasted seven winters. I replaced them with the golite because I wanted to try them, not because I was unhappy with the Sporthills.

Reactions: Zetti

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS