Getfitpod interview and injury update

Hi everyone,

Skip Orem from getfitpodcasts.com interviewed me last month for his podcast. It was really fun to talk with him! You can listen to the podcast here http://getfitpodpodcast.com/?p=2170 or download it from iTunes. Next time he will interview KenBob for part 2, which is the one I can't wait for :)

In the mean time, I saw the orthopedist and he gave me relatively good news. It is NOT a lisfranc injury, but a plain old stress fracture of the Navicular and probably also the cuboid. I take total responsibility for my injury. I added hills that I was not used to to every workout and didn't back off on my milage or pace, total recipe for disaster, but I was having too much fun to realize I was tetering on the edge! So, 6-8 weeks in a boot and then the long slow journed to rebuild my milage. In the mean time I'm allowed to aqua jog or do any cardio in the gym that allows me to wear the boot and work pain free. I'm really bummed to miss my 2 fall half marathons, but in the greater sceme of things it is just a bump in the road.

Glad to finally hear from

Glad to finally hear from you, Wendy! 6-8 weeks from now or from when you injured your foot? Cause it's been a while now! Hope that time counts! At least you're in a cool country!

Great interview, Wendy! 

Great interview, Wendy! Confidence, I like that. We don't need to hear from Ken Bob on Part II when we have Wendy on Part I. ;-)

I am SO glad that it turned out you don't have a lisfranc injury. That would have been terrible to have to go through surgery. Let us know how you're doing as you heal through this stress fracture. Wishing you speedy healing.

I'm with TJ, a sf you can

I'm with TJ, a sf you can heal quicky...surgery for lisfrac injury would have set you back much farther I'm guessing. and like Fet said, you've been out for a while now, so you are well into your road to recovery.

Awesome interview!

Thanks!       

Thanks!

Unfortunately, walking around on a broken foot does not promote healing so my time in the boot started yesterday
oops.gif
Surgery would definitely have set me back much longer so I really can't complain.

I'm glad you liked the interview TJ! It was tons of fun and way less nerve wracking than I thought it would be. I guess I've given my, "Ode to barefoot running" speech so many times it just flows now :) I'm really looking forward to KenBob's interview. I should have mentioned that I learned nearly everything from him!

Oh wow, Wendy, that is SUCH

Oh wow, Wendy, that is SUCH great news about the injury! Who'd have thought a stress fracture would be GOOD news? ;-)

Skip Orem rocks. He is such a nice guy. I have the podcast on my iPod; maybe I'll listen to it on my run tomorrow!