Get Ready! International Barefoot Running Day is on May 6!

That sounds like a great event, Marc? Got any pictures to share?

Sounds like an awesome event, Marko! You guys rock! Looking forward to the report.

Just looked at the pictures. Wow! That looked like a great time. I wish I could have been there to take part in the lunch too. I would have LOVED running in the rain with you all!

Thanks TJ!

We would be honored if you visit us, for sure!

One short video from one of our runners:

Happy feet to you all!

Reactions: Zetti
Love the video. Incredible turn out!

Reactions: Rollback
clip_image002.jpg

(Siesta Key Chapter meet up before our IBRD run)

2nd Annual International Barefoot Running Day-Florida-Siesta Key

Soon it will be hot, humid and less fun to run. But, it was perfect today as eight of us gathered to celebrate IBRD on Siesta Key. The gulf was heaven blue, the sand was crystal white, dolphins played in the waves and we got to run barefoot with new friends in min shoes. Chris G and I have enjoyed a chapter run almost every first Sunday since last year’s IBRD. In this year’s event we ran 9 miles with some walking breaks and a refreshing beer interval. Looking forward to next year already!

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Ottawa had 3 participants. BF_Rick, his daughter (Mélisande) and myself. We did a 2km loop around Parliament Hill. We ran over a variety of surfaces (concrete, asphalt, gravel, wood stairs, and limestone) Rick in just starting to incorporate BF running into his lifestyle. Melisande was a natural -- As Rick said "Oh, to have young feet again!".

Here's a shot of Rick and Rod along the Rideau Canal. You have to believe me that we were barefoot ;)

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: Barefoot TJ