Gear and Footwear

Mike

Barefooters
Oct 22, 2010
The Gear and Footwear forum is telling me there is something new in it even after I go in and click "mark all as read"... Happening to anybody else?

I have an occasional

I have an occasional experience like that, where I will go into a thread being led to believe that there's a new post, when in fact, there is not. I did clear the cache about a week ago, and although it doesn't happen a lot, it seemed this occurs more frequently than before I did. I cleared the site's cache in an attempt to restore the maps functionality. The downside to doing that is that the site has to rebuild each page into its cache as it is requested, which slows the site down slightly. I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with it, since it is a cache issue as well.

Drupal is not my fortay; computer networking is.

Cameron Guthrie is the one

Cameron Guthrie is the one who built the site. I am the one who maintains it. I call upon him for the most critical problems and try to resolve the other minor annoyances on my own. Cameron has basically moved on with his life and is not much interested in the goings-on at the BRS anymore. He has other sites he tends to, lives in Costa Rica now, and is enjoying life tremendously down there. (Just see his avatar "Cameron" on the Facebook right sidebar surfing, sitting under a waterfall, holding up a bushel of bananas he said grows on the tree he has in his front yard. And here I bust my pitutie while glancing at his tan bod living life.) Grrrr to you, Cameron! Hee! Yes, the BRS is a thing of the past for him. The site is my responsibility now for the most part. That's why I am always on the hunt for people who know Drupal and PHP. My background is in Computer Networking. I managed several networks while I worked at Delta and ASA, their commuter airline. I installed, programmed, and maintained their cable plants, servers, mainframes, routers, switches, terminals, work stations, you name it. Never did much as far as end user applications, although I know the ins and outs, since its useability is mostly duplicated from one platform to another. But I digress. I have not been down memory lane in quite some time.