Flu Shots

I find it extremely hard to believe that an "enemy" aircraft could fly over the base undetected. We knew when mortars were coming in, surely they knew of aircraft flying overhead... The aircraft was super quiet and we couldn't hear it at all. In any case, I know people think I am crazy when I talk about this so I guess I would just prefer to leave it alone now and wish I hadn't brought it up.

Please don't get me wrong: I'm certainly not thinking you are crazy. My bet is that your government is quite certainly capable of trying out stuff on their own soldiers. And I suppose also that it's not the Afghans who possess this kind of quiet undetectable technology. So who else in or around Afghanistan might possess it? Apart from the American army, I mean. Inside the country you would have allied forces like the French or Germans who might possess quiet aircraft - actually I've no idea, but if they they did, it would however be difficult to find a motive for them to secretly spray stuff on their american friends.
So lets look outside the Afghan borders. Who could be lurking there, not an official enemy at the moment, but not really american-friendly either and who could be in possession of highest advanced technology or being allied with a country who does?

Since this old thread popped up, my report is: My whole family felt crappy after the shots. 2 members got flu like symptoms several weeks after the shots. Could have be a different strain of the flu, I don't know. Everyone when through their colds but me. I went through the winter fine. No major cases of the flu in my family even though it was going through the schools and community. I don't give the shots all the credit. Could have been luck, could have been my wife's obsessiveness about washing hands, could have been our diet. I guess the same question will come about next fall.

Well, I'm personally dead set against it, but I wouldn't argue with someone who feels the need.

I remove my tin foil hat just long enough to post this...BFwille_g's post here is how I feel...this is a cause of some very heated arguing in some other places on the interwebs. The only flu shots I've ever had were in the military...some of the soldiers got sick afterwards but it wasn't the flu...just reactions to the flu shot...some had to be a pseudo effect since many were convinced they were going to get the flu from the shot.

Reactions: NickW
I am more afraid of the shots than the flu.

With a healthy lifestyle, your immune system is in good shape. Without one, I recommend adopting one.

Absolutely living a healthy lifestyle in my opinion is the best defense against flu. When you get sick rather than having it linger for months at a time like I see in a few of my co-workers the illness is gone within a matter of days.