First week in December Mileage (w/e 12/5)

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
Damn, it's December??

Let's hear it...what are those feet up to?

Sunday: 1hr belly dance, 25min core (all barefoot)

Monday: 5mi in WM water shoes (ugh), 1hr Zumba barefoot

Nov 29 - got off work and

Nov 29 - got off work and rushed home to put on my night time running gear. I had a friend who was wrapping up his Sea to Sea Trail run (140 total miles) and was passing through a canyon near my house and I figured I'd try to meet him and finish the journey with him.

Took me 6 miles before I could locate a trail that dropped me into the canyon. Soon after, I spotted his head lamp and joined up with him. A little over 6 miles later we dipped our feet in the Pacific Ocean and his journey was done. Found a sweet single track trail on the way as well. Beer for everyone to celebrate his accomplishment!

total distance for me was a bit over 12 miles (VFF Treks)

Nov 30 - was running late for my regular Tuesday morning group run so once I got there I decided to see if I could catch the group. It was cold out and I had a hard time with my speed

(Sub-40 temps and barefoot)

7:46 (cold and trying to warm up)
7:22 (feeling sort of ok)
7:29 (caught group #1 and chat for a sec)
7:01 (group #2 in my sights)
8:16 (caught group #2 and can slow down a bit)
12:07 (cool down on the freezing sand)

totally counts J~Awesome

totally counts J~

Awesome weekend/start to the week Shacky! How'd your friend do? Your mileage is amazing!

Monday: 5mi run in water shoes from WM, 1hr barefoot Zumba

Tuesday: 2hr zumba in minimal dance sneaker

5mi tonight. Think I'm

5mi tonight. Think I'm getting the crud that's going around. Decided to take it easy, but still ended up running further than planned. It really is getting harder to stop.

Wednesday: 5mi barefoot on

Wednesday: 5mi barefoot on indoor track, makes for happy feet!

I really wanted to run this

I really wanted to run this morning while it was raining - have not gotten to run in the rain much this year. But my eyes are on the prize of having the kids' rooms done. I might break down and run a bit over lunch tomorrow. It's starting to hurt and hubby is starting to not like non-runner Janine.

4.6 BF- 30 degrees and

4.6 BF- 30 degrees and sunny

My Left big toe took extra long to warm up on the frosty road today, and I'm thinking it might have to do with the titanium pin in there from bunion surgery? Anyone else have metal parts in their feet?

7 BF miles yesterday.One hr

7 BF miles yesterday.

One hr of spinning class today.

OK. My turn. Just the

OK. My turn. Just the usual:

Sunday - 5.5 miles barefoot

Tuesday - 5.5 miles barefoot (Ended up with raw and bloody feet - wish I had known sooner (LIKE ON MY RUN). Having some form fails that I'm working on.

Thursday - 5.8 miles VFFs - found out why I had raw and bloody feet. Not sure how to fix it. Will work on that possibly this weekend, barefoot.

welcome Dama Mama!! Nice

welcome Dama Mama!! Nice workouts

Zap, what did you figure out with your form? Can we help?

J, hope you get your projects done soon so you can get back on the running wagon:p

Twinkle...maybe it had something to do with running in 30 degrees? LOL Really though, my limit in regards to numb feet is about 40 degrees.

Kicked off December with a

Kicked off December with a barefoot 6 mile run in the rain this morning. I left the house with just shorts, and a long sleeve tech t-shirt, it was a very hot 50 degrees. Bizarre weather for december 1st to say the least, but not complaining.

Did some speedwork in my VFFs

Did some speedwork in my VFFs and discovered something really weird...

Normally I pronate (BIG TIME) although not so much now that I've been running barefoot. What I found is that when I increase my cadence and speed my feet tend to supinate, or at least that's what seems to be happening. The bloody raw spots are on the outside of my feet under my pinky toe (where the sharp and jabbies always gravitate to). I don't get these hotspots if I'm just cruising at normal pace.

SayPay did a "foot reading" on my roadmap pic and seemed to think that I could also be twisting my feet when landing based on the blister under my big toe. That could be it too. I need to pick up my feet more and concentrate on a square landing. I think. What's your opinion?

Two miles and an hr of

Two miles and an hr of volleyball.

Water aerobics tonight, no

Water aerobics tonight, no kidding (barefoot, of course)! My legs were stronger than the instructors from all that barefoot running. It was a hoot. Tomorrow stenciling and laying a floor, in socks. Maybe running very early on Sunday.

...  bizarre measurements mi

... bizarre measurements mi and F; why don´t you use km and C like OTHER world ; )

It is winter here; last sunday about -20 C (-4 F), 24 km running (15 mi); sorry I used Asics

Tuesday 8,76 km with neoprene shoes + 30 min karting in the evening (must have shoes)

Thursday 10,4 km with neoprene shoes

Friday 9,85 km with neoprene shoes

Today 21,5 km, 1h 55min, with neoprene shoes

Tomorrow downhill skiing, have to use shoes

Let´s run!

hehe, welcome TJ...sorry, I'm

hehe, welcome TJ...sorry, I'm horrible with my conversions to C and km :p

Friday: 1hr zumba

Saturday...hoping for at least 5mi at the field house (no students for bellydance, we got dumped on last night with snow)