First mile

Busphan

Barefooters
Jul 24, 2011
I finally hit my first mile barefoot yesterday. It felt great. I used a metronome but other than looking for obstacles I didn't fuss to much with what my legs were doing. It was just a great run. I didn't notice anything new on my soles, just loose skin from an old blister. I guess I need to cut that back, it was closed but after my run it is now open (a couple of little holes). Anyway, I know it's not big mileage but it feels great to know that I'm out of the .xx and on to the x.xx instead.

edit: Just ran another 1.14 miles. It was drizzling and the sidewalks were wet. What an awesome run. I still think I'm pushing of a bit but no new blisters, so I must be doing something right. I also went out minus the metronome. Just an awesome run.

Sounds great, Busphan! 

Sounds great, Busphan! Making steady progress. Those rain runs are the best!

You, sir, are well on your

You, sir, are well on your way. :) I ran my first barefoot mile about 5 months ago and just hit 8.5 miles this morning... where you want to be is closer than you think. Keep it up, but resist the temptation to overdo it... I'm sure you know by now that I know that you know that I know you know what I mean.

(No subject)

;-)

Ahhhhh, one step forward, two

Ahhhhh, one step forward, two steps back. I went 1.5 miles yesterday and then ran another three something in shoes. I felt good but my form was way off. I have hotspots and the outsides of my feet are sore, probably like a bruise. I know I was pushing off from the hotspots and I think I must have been landing too hard on the outside of my feet to cause that soreness. I think I need to re-evaluate my tempo. I'm pretty sure I was going to fast to soon, which probably accounts for both the hotspots and the soreness.