First Aid For Injuries

Sports-Injury-300x163.jpg
The Sock Doc First Aid For Injuries:
Heal Your Injury Faster Than Ever & Learn Natural Injury Prevention
By Steven "Sock Doc" Gangemi

This is Sock Doc’s Four Part Series on the basics of natural injury treatment and natural injury prevention. Whether you’re suffering from an acute or chronic injury or you’re interested in preventing an injury (who isn’t), this is a must-read. You’re going to learn why people get injured and what you should do, or could have done, to heal quickly and prevent future problems. I hope you enjoy it and let’s keep the ice for our cold drinks and not our bodies.​
Sports-Injury-Treatment-300x199.jpg
First Aid For Injuries Part I – Sports Injury Causes: Understanding WHY You’re Injured
  • Understand why you’re injured – it’s not because you didn’t stretch enough or you forgot your orthotics
  • Learn the risk factors that make up an injury. You’re probably not injured just because of bad luck
First Aid For Injuries Part II – Ice, Heat, or RICE?
  • Contrary to what we’re all told, ice isn’t a smart move for injury treatment
  • Learn part of the benefits of ‘RICE’ – active recovery and compression
First Aid For Injuries Part III – Inflammation: Embrace It and Control It
  • Inflammation isn’t necessarily a bad thing – without it you won’t heal and repair injured tissues
  • Learn how your diet and lifestyle can create massive amounts of inflammation – aggravating or creating an injury
First Aid For Injuries Part IV – NSAIDS: Friend or Foe?
  • Learn why anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) work and why you should think twice before taking them
  • Learn many natural ways to fight inflammation so your injury heals faster than anyone could have ever expected

Wow, that series comes right on time, as I got my self hurt a bit (not barefoot related, more of the Flat-Country Runner jumps into serious trail running stuff;)), and now facing all this stuff about stretching, icing, anti-inflammatory balms...... Fortunately the doctor I went to was one of the kind who rather shows you some drills on how to train the affected muscles to remove any imbalances than just prescribing a ton of medication. And I heard the rumors about inflammatory being a good thing the body engages for a purpose, so happy these articles cover that subject so well. Thumbs up for The Soc Doc, definitely:)

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11