Final Kick Events! (20% Discount)

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Erika S., Jan 16, 2014.

1. Erika S. Barefooters
    1. Idaho

Message Count:
    Hello all you Idaho Barefooters!
    My name is Erika and I am an ambassador for Final Kick Events, a Boise based race organizer. I'd love to offer you a 20% discount to ANY of their many races. Each race has a 5k, 10k, half marathon and kids race (there are even a couple marathons!). They are also putting on a series of cheap races this summer ($10 for the race with chip timing) that you should check out: http://cheapassraces.com

The next race, Run 4 Luv, is a coming up on February 8th at Ann Morrison Park. Register here: Http://Run4luv.com/

Your 20% off code for any race this year is my first name: Erika

You can find a list of all their races at http://finalkickevents.com

Let me know how if you have any questions!

- Erika

Attached Files:

happysongbird likes this.
  2. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Of course this means barefoot runners are welcome? No questions asked about where someone's footwear is?

Do you have a barefoot runner division? If not, why not? :barefoot:

3. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I have heard from the Idaho Chapter President, and she has clarified your posting here, Erika. Thank you, Laura. Sounds like the Idaho barefoot runners may have some good involvement with Final Kick Event. We look forward to hearing more from you about that in the future, Laura. My apologies to you, Erika. If anyone has any questions, please let me know. :barefoot:

Erika S. likes this.
  4. Erika S. Barefooters
    1. Idaho

Message Count:
    I really appreciate you asking these questions! It helps me to learn how to help you better.

I checked with the race director at Final Kick Events to make sure I wasn't overstepping my knowledge in answering these questions. We are on the same page.

Barefooters are completely welcome. Just as welcome as any other runner would be in any of the Final Kick Events. The courses will be just the same as always obviously, but as Barefooters you seem to be adept at taking the ground/weather conditions into consideration. So yes! Come! :)

The staff would never question your choice of footwear. The only comments you might get would be from other runners who are curious (as seems fairly normal).

And as far as a barefoot division goes. They don't have one for the same reason they don't have a walking division. There's just not enough interest. But as the company grows that might change! :)

Thanks again for bringing up these questions!

Barefoot TJ and OdiarAmor like this.
  5. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Cool! Thanks.

6. Erika S. Barefooters
    1. Idaho

Message Count:
    Registration for the Shamrock Shuffle closes sometime this week. Whenever they run out of water bottles and mugs to hand out at the finish line...so sign up soon if you've been thinking about it. :)

Course maps and registration are here: http://theshamrockshuffle.net/race-info/

7. happysongbird Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Natalie and I are signed up already. I ran the 10K course barefoot on Saturday and the report will publish tomorrow.

8. happysongbird Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho
    2. Presidents

Message Count:

Erika S. and Sid like this.
  9. Erika S. Barefooters
    1. Idaho

Message Count:
    Bruneau Beast is on May 3rd with 5k, 10k, half and full marathons! I'd say barefooters would have the advantage by not being weighed down by shoes full of sand :)

http://bruneaubeast.com/register/

happysongbird and Barefoot TJ like this.
  10. Erika S. Barefooters
    1. Idaho

Message Count:
    Hey All,
    The Final Kick Ambassadors just got word that Final Kick is shutting down the ambassador program for now (they're trying to keep everything running well without becoming overextended and unorganized - just the intricacies of growing a small business, I suppose) so our discount codes will no longer work come August.

But what this means for you is that if you were planning on using a 20% discount code when you registered for any of the rest of Final Kicks Events races this year, go for it soon. My code will be effective until the end of July. I wish we could have offered this all year as promised, but it wasn't my decision.

So sign up soon if you want to get the discount. The events for the rest of the year are Bogus Marathon, Idaho Wine Run, Struttin for Stuffin, and The Hot Chocolate Run. Use my first name (Erika) to get your discount when you register.

Let me know if you have questions.

PS -- another way to get a pretty good deal on a Final Kicks if you're short on cash is to volunteer at a race prior to the one you'd like to run. As the business runs now all volunteers earn a free entry to an upcoming event. The hours can be long, but if you have more time than money it works out.

Happy running!