Fellowship of the Morton's Toe

But Mikee, that's not the way

But Mikee, that's not the way to tell if you have MT. That's what we're trying to explain. You have to actually see where the first knuckles on your first and second metatarsals line up to know if you have MT. Just because someone has a second toe longer than the first, doesn't mean they have MT; they have MT when the first metatarsal is shorter than the second metatarsal. Check again, let us know, and perhaps we shall add you to our growing list of lucky MT runners. You have to earn it though; it's a birth right. ;-)

I love viking titles since my

I love viking titles since my relatives are from Northrn Sweden, I want Eric the Red! lol. It has been said from a member of my family that has been researching the family tree for decades that we are actually part of that blood line. But, I am no historian so I can't say for sure. I like the name though! lol.

Well, well, well. History, specifically medieval Scandinavian history is what I am trained in. It doesn't make me any money but it does help me blow people's dreams out of the water. Eirik the Red was a Norwegian Viking and probably originated in Vestland, the southwest coast of Norway, but he may have been from Trondeheim or Telemark-Vestfold. The Sagas give his home district as Jæren http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jæren but there is some reason to wonder based on known settlement pattern that occurred in Iceland where he settled for much of his life.

Besides all that, Swedes mostly expanded east during the Viking age, into Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, and most famously Russia. (Russ being the Finnish name for Swedes) They were very far ranging making it as far as Baghdad and Constantinople where they served as the bodyguard force for the Emperor (the Varangian Guard). However there were a few Swedes in the West during the period, most notably one who 'discovered' Iceland.

You, however, already have your Viking name.

Guess my relatives were wrong

Guess my relatives were wrong on there geneaology lol! But I like the name anyway lol. I don't know where she got her info but evidently it was wrong lol!

nature runner wrote:Guess my

nature runner said:
Guess my relatives were wrong on there geneaology lol! But I like the name anyway lol. I don't know where she got her info but evidently it was wrong lol! Hell it may not have even been Swedish for all I know. My entire name is swedish however, who knows?

I originally focused on

I originally focused on Sweden before switching to modern Norway. If you PM me your last name I can take a guess where your people are from.

Nyal, I don't think you'll

Nyal, I don't think you'll get much from his last name. I know I didn't.

I vote NR can be dubbed any

I vote NR can be dubbed any name he wants.

Then Eric the Red it is. 

Then Eric the Red it is. Right, Nyal the Prez?

Barefoot TJ wrote:But Mikee,

Barefoot TJ said:
But Mikee, that's not the way to tell if you have MT. That's what we're trying to explain. You have to actually see where the first knuckles on your first and second metatarsals line up to know if you have MT.

I did that first, before I noticed that the second toe stuck out more. I think the difference may be slight, but I'm pretty sure the second one is longer.

It's sorta like a secret

It's sorta like a secret handshake (or hand signal), Mikee, except we have to use our toes.

Nature, normally you have to

Nature, normally you have to fill out a B-43 form and a pink, a PINK, 45 addendum and submit it to the MT Board of Directors to change the name, but what they hey. Eric the Red it is.

Nyal wrote:Nature, normally

Nyal said:
Nature, normally you have to fill out a B-43 form and a pink, a PINK, 45 addendum and submit it to the MT Board of Directors to change the name, but what they hey. Eric the Red it is.

Wow cool! I am officially a viking of the MT family :)

Yeah!  Welcome aboard!

Yeah! Welcome aboard!

Nyal, aren't you and TJ

Nyal, aren't you and TJ pretty much the board of directors anyways?

Btw, my first metetarsal is shorter than my second, so do we have some kind of induction process or something?

We need to have webcams set

We need to have webcams set up to verify all of these shorter metatarsals, and then if that is the case, we can have a secret foot shake or something to welcome new comers into the club.

Nyal is the the entire executive committee, as far as I am concerned. ;-)

Danjo: Form 37-b but not

Danjo: Form 37-b but not 37-b.1 with the normal admin fee. You take the receipt and staple that and one copy of 37-c and submit that to the Secretary of Admissions. You will need a valid passport, no other ID is accepted, income validation in the form of a certified copy of your taxes, proof of civil status (not sure if that needs to be certified, call the Secretary of Validation), and a money order for 150 Norwegian kroner. No checks.

Most importantly I need your proposed Viking name for the board to consider. If you want them to come up with one for you, THEN you need a 37-b.1

Good luck.

You really want to be dealing

You really want to be dealing with all that paper work Nyal? haha. I'll be needing a 37-b.1 unless someone here wants to suggest and appropriate viking name for me. (I'm 3/4 German, 1/8 Danish, and 1/8 Swedish, and my last name, Jensen, is Danish, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a viking name for me.)

And there do seem to be quite a lot of us her with MT. I haven't really run into any of the problems other people have had, but then I've only been barefoot for a couple months.