Ewwwww.... slugs!

lorandal

Barefooters
Oct 20, 2011
Oh the joys of walking out the front door this morning and stepping on a slug. I could feel it "pop" under my foot. I have lived in the PNW all my life and have never ever gotten used to all the slugs! Throw some glass or sharp rocks under my feet and I'm good to go. Throw a slug under them and watch me squeal and shriek...of which I think I probably woke up my neighbors by doing so this morning.
teeth_smile.gif

I know what you mean,

I know what you mean, Ewwwwww! I've jumped a couple of live (and many dead) snakes that didn't give me the willies as bad as that day I ran a few miles with a slug wrapped around my pinkie toe, thinking it was a leaf or debris.

These slugs here in the Pac

These slugs here in the Pac NW are huge! They are often like 4" or so in length and as big around as my pinky, some even bigger. I hate them and they feel so gross to step on.

Haven't stepped on one yet

Haven't stepped on one yet that I know of, and generally I'm not too girly about insects and other creepy crawlies, but slugs are yucky yucky yucky. Shriek away. And they eat my flowers and garden goodies, too.

"what is it about slime that chicks don't dig?" (millhouse quote)

Yup, I'm a PNW native as well

Yup, I'm a PNW native as well and stepped on more than my fair shar of slugs going barefoot in the summers as a kid, but it still gives me the heebie-jeebies every time it happens. The squish...BLEH!! Plus it takes real scrubbing to get the slime off, and until you do, everything sticks. Give me a rock over a slug any day! :p

What Chelsea said! The way

What Chelsea said! The way the glue binds so instantly and totally is amazing. For sure the worst thing to step on around here!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test