Dull ache in first metatarsal head

WCW Chris

Barefooters
May 19, 2014
Hong Kong
I have been experiencing some dull ache in the first metatarsal head of my right foot for sometimes.
The ache is most perceptible(feels like the big toe is a bit tighten up too) when I walk out of my bed in the morning. It doesn't worsen during/after my run. It is just there and weird. Could this be metatarsalgia? :(

Metatarsalgia is just a description of pain in the metatarsals. The problem is, what is causing the pain. There are a number of possibilities including problems in the posterior compartment of the calf.

I would recommend finding a good sports chiropractor who is trained in ART, Graston or some other form of myofascial treatment. The benefit of a sports chiropractor is that they can feel for the problematic soft tissues, and can do foot manipulation of the joints of the foot are perhaps locked up.

I would do it now before the problem worsens

Reactions: Sid and WCW Chris
Thanks doc. I will go look for a sports chiropractor. But is there any chance that I can work it out myself by resting and some self massage on trigger points? It is costly for a college student.:confused:

sure except you have no idea why it hurts and most often, where it hurts is not why.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test