"Dropped metatarsal" cured by pop of toe

halfhazzard

Barefooters
Jan 30, 2012
OK, so how could 4 surgeons not have noticed that things were in the wrong place and all they had to do was put it back. X-rays, anybody? Expertise?
They are trained to look for certain, often complicated, diagnoses. I read a book a few years back by a doctor warning patients about the diagnosis tracks that even doctors with the best of intentions will gravitate toward. It can be amazingly difficult to see what isn't being looked for. Fwiw, I am a nurse. Even in my training, there was a strong tendency toward want is called standard approach, which too often suffocates creative problem solving, and since it is also tied up in politics and licensing, discourages thinking outside the box.

It's really hard to tell what happened. It could be that each of the four surgeries helped a bit and the pop was the final step. It could be that all the docs she had seen were completely incompetent. The truth could be somewhere in between.

not having the experience of dealing with MD's and surgeons yet i've only heard stories. They don't look at the body the way a chiro does, especially with xrays.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7