Diagram that shows blister location's relationship to technique flaw?

I know there are many reasons that blisters develop, but assuming the only/primary factor for a blister on the sole of my foot is a running technique flaw ... is there a digram that shows the probable blister cause in relationship to running technique flaw?

Once over 30kms I can get blisters on the edge of my pads right where my big toe starts. Any thoughts why? I don't believe it is related to surface, speed, incline/decline, etc.

Not lifting up well or pushing off too much? Over striding? Not slightly lifting toes on landing?

I would appreciate any thoughts that you have.

PS Feet from a stock photo from internet - NOT my feet! :)
foot blisters.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I am taking 3 months away from long competitions and will try to incorporate it without pressure to stay on track with a training program.

Reactions: Sid
Maybe it is just a form slip due to fatigue. 30km is quite a long stretch, unless of course you're an ultra runner and that is just like a warm up.
I don't think I have run that distance barefoot yet.
Glad to know that they weren't your feet as I did notice the inward pointing toes, probably not a good example of healthy barefoot feet.

Neil

Reactions: Hulahooper
When you say competitions are you doing them barefoot? How long have you been running barefoot? I usually tell people, if you want to transition to barefoot running, wipe your calender clear of races for at least 6 months and focus purely on form. I never experience blisters when running barefoot, even the beginning. My focus was learning technique first. I would say you are either pushing off still, and not lifting the feet.

When you say competitions are you doing them barefoot? How long have you been running barefoot? I usually tell people, if you want to transition to barefoot running, wipe your calender clear of races for at least 6 months and focus purely on form. I never experience blisters when running barefoot, even the beginning. My focus was learning technique first. I would say you are either pushing off still, and not lifting the feet.
----
Barefoot Dan gave that correct advice too ... take a season or two off to transition. I just have the goal of 100 marathons in the next 15 years, so don't want to get off pace. My feet & soles are strong enough, but sure my technique is not as strong! :) I think I have an issue with toe engagement & proper lift. I think it would be interesting to have a digram, kind of like the acupuncture diagram, but it show probably technique flaws if blisters form in a given location (assuming a flat running surface, etc.)

Reactions: Barefoot Gentile

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts