Definitive Gross Picture Thread

Dude??!! Did you really

Dude??!! Did you really use that old rusty x-acto to dig that out? :Sp

OK, obviously this is a leg

OK, obviously this is a leg and far less likely to make you hurl...

This was taken a few years ago when I was into mountain biking (but has BF implications). I was on a trail that the land owners are meant to clear but it had become mostly overgrown with "brambles" (a plant with lots of sharp thorns on it) and I figured it would be worse to turn back because the path was sure to clear any moment now. I took this picture & sent it to "The National Trust" who look after the land to point out that they were not really looking after this bit as you need a machette to get through without getting sliced up...

...the down side is that they then did cut the stuff back but they just leave thorns on the trail now |( so it will be a nightmare if I get to run barefoot that way (and I have run this way in my shod days). The last time I biked this way I picked up punctures so even in your VFFs etc. "you are just asking for it".

I wonder how (the sometimes thought of as rather stuffy) folks of the "Trust" will react if I tell them I need to barefoot it & can they please clear up :crown:

Scratched%20leg%20-%20Copy.jpg

... Arrrgh, don't seem to be able to drag/drop or copy/paste (Firefox on Win 7 :quest:) post my scratched leg photo here. Oh well, it was rather tame compared to some of the previous posts. Doh.

Piggy, check out the Forum

Piggy, check out the Forum called Site Help to learn out how to post pictures. I checked the path on those you tried to insert, but they point to your C:Drive. We're not set up to accept directly uploaded photos yet. Instead, if you place them anywhere else on the net, Photo Bucket, borrow a post from Runner's World, and don't save the post after you've copied it over here (you didn't hear me say that), etc., it will work. Please try again.

I was thinking the same

I was thinking the same thing, Ram. That was hysterical!

Give the old rusty knife some

Give the old rusty knife some air, sun, or both and you will never have to worry about it.

Only throw it away if you let a barefooter with hepatitis borrow it to complete their own surgery.

On second thought, no need to part with it even then.

Just package it as bio-hazard waste, ship it to me as such, and I will autoclave it for you.

For less than a few hundred dollars in shipping and handling costs we can save your trusty instrument.

On second thought, Bard Parker disposable scalpels are pretty cheap.

Maybe we could even get BRS branded models!

Longboard wrote:On second

Longboard said:
On second thought, Bard Parker disposable scalpels are pretty cheap. Maybe we could even get BRS branded models!

Fabulous !! :bigsmile:

I will wait for the branded models. Meanwhile my x-acto does the job.:shy:

Following on from my earlier

Following on from my earlier "leg" post where I couldn't get the photo in (thanks for the tip Barefoot TJ ;) )
Scratched_leg_-_Copy.jpg

See, compared to those other photos this won't make you ill at all!

Here's what I said:

OK, obviously this is a leg and far less likely to make you hurl...

This was taken a few years ago when I was into mountain biking (but has BF implications). I was on a trail that the land owners are meant to clear but it had become mostly overgrown with "brambles" (a plant with lots of sharp thorns on it) and I figured it would be worse to turn back because the path was sure to clear any moment now. I took this picture & sent it to "The National Trust" who look after the land to point out that they were not really looking after this bit as you need a machette to get through without getting sliced up...

...the down side is that they then did cut the stuff back but they just leave thorns on the trail now :angry: so it will be a nightmare if I get to run barefoot that way (and I have run this way in my shod days). The last time I biked this way I picked up punctures so even in your VFFs etc. "you are just asking for it".

I wonder how (the sometimes thought of as rather stuffy) folks of the "Trust" will react if I tell them I need to barefoot it & can they please clear up :crown:

Now THAT'S what I'm talking

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! ;-)

lol. Everyone, yeah that was

lol. Everyone, yeah that was at Stone Mountain.. but actually I got them coming down, rather than running round or climbing up. I'm pretty sure it was the little pebbles, gravel, etc. on the way.

I popped them all shortly after I got home... it made walking so much easier!

thought I'd bump this

thought I'd bump this awesome thread...I was hoping to have some frost-nipped pictures to share today...but no such luck...I guess I have to run longer than 7.5 miles in snow to get some knarley picts...cursed conditioned feet!!! A couple of pads on my toes are a little sore, but I think it's because I slipped once or twice....no blisters to share, or frost-nipped images...sorry :-(.

Anyway, sorry been so silent on the boards, been really busy, haven't had time to catch up and read all the activity in the last two months!!!

I've been meaning to share

I've been meaning to share this pic. It was taken during the late summer. It gets pretty humid here, and I guess I picked just the WRONG time of day to run. It was early evening. The bugs were out...the humidity was high enough for me to really work up a sweat.....

I kept feeling little gnats or something hitting me, even getting in my mouth once or twice, as I ran. So I shouldn't have been surprised when I got home, looked in the mirror, and realized my upper chest looked like a windshield after a long road trip. ICK!

I thought those were normal

I thought those were normal freckles at first. Those are bugs?! Yikes! Little buggers!

Like a dream within  a

Like a dream within a dream...post-7K I got a blister within a blister. Check it out!

DSC05485.jpg

OMG after popping this thing it is so much easier to walk on. I blame my overzealous right foot, which (unlike my left) tends to overstride & push off & try to be a badass only to wake up with a hangover in the morning. Hehehe.

Thankfully, this didn't take form until last night. During & after the race I was walking around like nothing had happened, no ouchies or anything until I work up and discovered this monster.

It looks like a blister

It looks like a blister beside a blister inside a blister. Ha!

Does this happen often?  What

Does this happen often? What terrain are you running on when you get blisters?

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts