Crazy minimal shoes.....chainmail moccasins.

Saw these a while ago, still undecided if they're a joke or not o_O

Saw these a while ago, still undecided if they're a joke or not o_O

Either a joke or someone testing how gullible minimalist runners are.

I have worn my share of chainmaille, and it requires a significant about of padding underneath. Butted maille like that wouldn't last very long either, assuming you could tolerate the pain.

Also, Chainmaille isn't paleo

Reactions: Gidds
If it were a joke, then they sure went to a lot of effort to pull it off. I don't think it's a joke.

This chainmaille looks small enough that it could be comfortable without padding. I would worry about it slipping around though.

If it were a joke, then they sure went to a lot of effort to pull it off. I don't think it's a joke.

Yeah, I know they're real but I only meant the running angle. They're made in Germany and I can easily imagine them being sold at Medieval festivals here. The price is also right in line with everything else chain mail that's available at these cool festivals. But as a running 'shoe'?

No way.

José.

Yeah, I know they're real but I only meant the running angle. They're made in Germany and I can easily imagine them being sold at Medieval festivals here. The price is also right in line with everything else chain mail that's available at these cool festivals. But as a running 'shoe'?

No way.

José.

Oh. Doh! Hee.

Well, for medieval revivalists, they might do, even though the strap and it's blocker are decidedly unmedieval. (Not considering the question if chainmaille shoes did actually exist in the middles ages)
For running I would think, they would be far too heavy.:p

Reactions: BFwillie_g
Should I ask them to send us a pair for a Giveaway Contest and Review on the BRS site? Ha!

Reactions: BFwillie_g
No chance of being a barefoot Ninja in these, can you imagine the noise they make as you rattle your way down the road! But for barefoot jousting they'd be perfect ;)

No chance of being a barefoot Ninja in these, can you imagine the noise they make as you rattle your way down the road! But for barefoot jousting they'd be perfect ;)

Also, you could run in these while clopping two coconut halves together....

Reactions: Sid and Barefoot TJ
Would have saved Achilles' ass. :D

Achilles' ass wasn't the problem; it was his tendon. Though I'm glad there's not such condition Achilles Ass-onitis - I'd reckon that'd be unpleasant.

I don't get it. :confused:

Achilles was that hero from Greek mythology who was virtually invincible and could only be killed by an arrow to the heel. He would probably still be around today if he hadn't enjoyed running around in huaraches so much. :)

Achilles' ass wasn't the problem; it was his tendon. Though I'm glad there's not such condition Achilles Ass-onitis - I'd reckon that'd be unpleasant.

I'm getting sore just thinking about it. :)

Achilles was that hero from Greek mythology who was virtually invincible and could only be killed by an arrow to the heel. He would probably still be around today if he hadn't enjoyed running around in huaraches so much. :)

I guess I slept through all that in school. sigh.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test