complaint about zensah compression sleeve thingys

fetish4running

Barefooters
Jun 5, 2010
I realize everyone raves about these and I do think they make recovery time faster, but I really hate wearing them while I run. I always have to stop and pull them up and it drives me crazy. I want to wear them, cuz I think they're cool and mine are orange...but I think I'm going to save them for after my runs. I haven't heard anyone complain of this. Am I the only one??

I don't have a pair, but I

I don't have a pair, but I bet that would happen to me too.

That doesn't happen to me -

That doesn't happen to me - do you have the right size? I have very, um, shapely calves, though. Other ones have a little rubber band around the inside to keep it up. And, wow, I didn't realize they had orange - I NEED those.

I'm thinkin', if they're

I'm thinkin', if they're falling down around your ankles, they're not really a "compression" sleeve.

And, yeah, I've read this complaint often from smallish women. That's the reason I don't have a pair (being slender of calf).

Yeah, I think I got the S/M

Yeah, I think I got the S/M and I have huge calves - HUGE - so I would bet the small would be way too big for alot of women. Here I am in the M ones -- http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=1905955215133&set=t.1121113647&theater

Mine are the S/M and I think

Mine are the S/M and I think my calves fell in the range (if I remember right, they don't have seperate sizes - just S/M and L/XL). When they're on, they feel nice and snug, which I love. And, yes, J, they come in a lot of cool colors! Running Warehouse has all of them and I really wanted to get another pair so I could have mismatched colors, but since I can't wear them running that would be pointless!

Jimmy, I may have to try the CEP ones. Are they true so size, or should I get something smaller? Too bad they don't come in funky colors - major drawback!

I LOVE my calf sleeves for

I LOVE my calf sleeves for after runs but I really hate them for running in. I tried it once, made it around a quarter of a mile and took them off. I wear them after my long runs now and they help alot, but I really see no need to wear them while I'm running.

There is a smaller size than

There is a smaller size than S/M - it goes XS/S, S/M, L/XL so maybe there is hope?? You might be able to see my calves here, on my BRS Member of the Week profile. http://barefootrunners.org/?page=8

Did you measure your calf

Did you measure your calf before you got them? You're probably a size down fetish. They shouldn't come out of place while you're running. As others have said, the word "compression" implies that there is actually some pressure on your calf caused by the product.

Hey gang!! Sorry you are

Hey gang!! Sorry you are having troubles with your calf sleeves Fet, if they are slinking down to your ankles then the size is definitely too big. I'd say an XS/S would be a better fit for you. How long have you had the sleeves, have you washed/dried them? Did you buy them directly through Zensah? They'll exchange for you, if you need help holler at me :) The folks at Zensah stand behind their products and services 100% and are wonderful to work with.

I actually did measure my

I actually did measure my calves and they totally fall in the range of the S/M (14.5"). Maybe my calves aren't bulbous enough. I don't have canckles, though...I guess I'm a freak of nature!

And yeah, I washed 'em, Zum. I thought maybe it would make a difference, but no-can-do. I'm either going to try the CEP ones that Jimmy recommended or get the XS/S. Maybe I could get the white CEP ones and tye dye them! I do love crazy colors!

The first time I bought a

The first time I bought a pair of compression sleeves (several months ago) I compared the CEP and Zensah and purchased the CEP because they felt like they gave me more compression. Just last week I went out and bought the Zensah because I've come to the conclusion that the CEP was a bit too much compression for me. I'm happier with the Zensah (no issues with them staying up), but it sounds like you may find a better fit with CEP. If for no other reason than CEP has a broader range of sizes.

Good luck.

Peace,

Karen

Zensah is sending me an XS/S

Zensah is sending me an XS/S to try out! Their customer service is fantastic! If that doesn't work, then I'll have to try another brand, but I'm super excited that they are so great to work with!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test