Bugs? Site problems?

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Hi Guys, please list any strange occurances you are experiencing with the site from AFTER the migration/AFTER we came back online here. I am specifically wanting to know if you have any problems entering text into any of the text boxes. Thanks bunches! I think...

so far no issues entering

so far no issues entering text, but issues saving it.. I had to try twice to reply to you in the disdain thread and 4 times to make my original post in that thread... just the IE errors.

Does the site accept your

Does the site accept your text after it crashes and comes back up on its own? I'm reading no, but with me, it accepts my text, closes/crashes, and comes back up.

it accepts it, but doesn't

it accepts it, but doesn't save it... so when its crashed and reopened its gone... I see the formatting stuff that comes up when you hit save before it goes through... so it looks like its going to work and then it dies.

Okay, that's similar to my

Okay, that's similar to my experience, but I'm lucky in that it saves my post. Until we get this figured out, please copy your text before hitting the Save button, so you don't have to type it all over again. Sorry about this.

Now see there?  I just posted

Now see there? I just posted that, and it didn't crash!

And it didn't crash that time

And it didn't crash that time either!

Okay, that time it did! 

Okay, that time it did! Hee.

You know, you can go to Firefox and install their web browser for free at http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/. Joe said it's my open-standards compliant and is less buggy than IE. Others have said the same, but I never had problems with IE before this. I don't think it's IE though; I think it's something in the site.

Firefox doesn't crash after making a posts, but it doesn't record time stamps in certain areas of the site until after you have left that page and reentered. Since it does work in IE, that tells me Firefox is buggy.
confused_smile.gif

Most likely the issue with IE

Most likely the issue with IE had been corrected. Joe installed the newest editor for the site, since the other one was discontinued because it was buggy.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS