BRS member in the press for Marathon

Do we need to have a funeral for the BRS Van? :(

How is your spine, Board?

Visitation is at Paradise Towing , 20'th street Marathon FL.
After the crash I was shocked to be alive and in one piece, so the neck and back pain didn't alarm me too much until I remembered what a mess my cervical spine is. I had run six days in a row in Key West up till the day of the crash and was feeling great. Every morning I ran barefoot through downtown, up and back on Duval St, and around the paved as well as brick water fronts. Longboarded and cycled barefoot every afternoon, and boarded again while cruising around the sunset and nightlife barefoot. I've had no exercise of any type since, but am hoping to hit the 'mill after work today. I believe my neck will return to it's pre-accident level. Too bad I had so much documentation of prior pathology, looks like I'm going to get screwed even on collecting anywhere near what the BRS mobile was worth, probably 1/8 of what a replacement would cost.

I hope the other driver's insurance will pay all your medical bills too. What if you were damaged more from this accident and will need to be covered for it? How will they know, since you were, pardon me, so screwed up before?

I will be sending a windshield wiper arrangement in condolence. :-(

Said thing about the wipers: Parts were very expensive for this vehicle, and when I found a discounter on-line in California I stocked up. I've got HUNDREDS of dollars of wiper blades, filters, a serpentine belt, a turbo hose (both have a high failure rate and are impossible to find on the road) because I believed in being prepared to not have a family trip trashed. Can't protect against everything of course, and I never found an anti-idiot device.
Love the memories though. http://www.washtenawvoice.com/2013/05/barefoot-in-the-park/

Reactions: Barefoot TJ and Sid
Oh and maybe tomorrow I'll hit the gym treadmill, never got the chance today.
I'll be back for sure though, just don't know when.

Said thing about the wipers: Parts were very expensive for this vehicle, and when I found a discounter on-line in California I stocked up. I've got HUNDREDS of dollars of wiper blades, filters, a serpentine belt, a turbo hose (both have a high failure rate and are impossible to find on the road) because I believed in being prepared to not have a family trip trashed. Can't protect against everything of course, and I never found an anti-idiot device.
Love the memories though. http://www.washtenawvoice.com/2013/05/barefoot-in-the-park/
eBay?

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
It's been a year and 18 days, but a few hours ago I drove the Ford Transit high roof long wheelbase extended body cargo van w/factory windows home from the dealership ironically located on Woodward Ave in Detroit.
The BRS Mobile has been re-born! It was after sunset, but I did capture this image as it was driving northbound on Woodward from the off-loading lot to the actual dealership. Soon I'll submit a nicer one w/ the BRS magnetic signs a'flyin'.photo (68).JPG

i

Like very much! A report would be "cute" for the home page. ;)

Reactions: Longboard
Can't find a flat spot for the magnetic signs!photo (74).JPG

Sprinter was easy.Magnetic B&W 004.JPG

Would it fit if you cut the sign in half length-wise and put the pieces in different places?

Not sure, but I'll measure much more than once before taking a blade to it. Thanks for the idea.

Reactions: Sid
I like Sid's idea a lot.

Or... What about those 3M strip hooks that remove easily, then you can put the signs on the windows. You'd have to punch a couple of holes in the corners of the signs.

If the magnets are strong enough to attract the signs right through the glass I'm sure adding a thin damage protection barrier to the system shouldn't be a problem .
But Bob, you're the physicist here, I've never thought about how polarity works on my signs. Is the outside one pole and the inside the other?
I think Harbor Freight might have me covered for this project.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
But Bob, you're the physicist here, I've never thought about how polarity works on my signs. Is the outside one pole and the inside the other?

To tell you the truth I have no idea how the polarity is aligned in the large sheets. On the other hand, with a strong enough magnet on the inside, it may not matter at all--it might work just as well with a straight metal (iron) sign.

Seriously, all you can do is experiment and see what happens.

Reactions: Longboard
If you have a bad drive laying around, you can pull the magnets out of those.
http://m.instructables.com/id/Pulling-apart-a-desktop-hard-drive-to-get-rare-ear/

The hard drive magnets are usually attached to metal brackets, however.

I've got a Harbor Freight five miles from home. And I salvaged a few lbs. of magnets from the Sprinter that were part of my interior "window treatment" system. My one REALLY big magnet was the only thing swiped from it while it sat in the junkyard though! Forgot, my atomic clock/thermometer was as well.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090