BRS member in the press for Marathon

Discussion in 'Press & Shout-Outs to the BRS' started by Longboard, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Do we need to have a funeral for the BRS Van? :(

How is your spine, Board?

2. Longboard Chapter Presidents
    1. Michigan
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Visitation is at Paradise Towing , 20'th street Marathon FL.
    After the crash I was shocked to be alive and in one piece, so the neck and back pain didn't alarm me too much until I remembered what a mess my cervical spine is. I had run six days in a row in Key West up till the day of the crash and was feeling great. Every morning I ran barefoot through downtown, up and back on Duval St, and around the paved as well as brick water fronts. Longboarded and cycled barefoot every afternoon, and boarded again while cruising around the sunset and nightlife barefoot. I've had no exercise of any type since, but am hoping to hit the 'mill after work today. I believe my neck will return to it's pre-accident level. Too bad I had so much documentation of prior pathology, looks like I'm going to get screwed even on collecting anywhere near what the BRS mobile was worth, probably 1/8 of what a replacement would cost.

3. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I hope the other driver's insurance will pay all your medical bills too. What if you were damaged more from this accident and will need to be covered for it? How will they know, since you were, pardon me, so screwed up before?

I will be sending a windshield wiper arrangement in condolence. :-(

4. Longboard Chapter Presidents
    1. Michigan
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Said thing about the wipers: Parts were very expensive for this vehicle, and when I found a discounter on-line in California I stocked up. I've got HUNDREDS of dollars of wiper blades, filters, a serpentine belt, a turbo hose (both have a high failure rate and are impossible to find on the road) because I believed in being prepared to not have a family trip trashed. Can't protect against everything of course, and I never found an anti-idiot device.
    Love the memories though. http://www.washtenawvoice.com/2013/05/barefoot-in-the-park/

Barefoot TJ and Sid like this.
  5. Longboard Chapter Presidents
    1. Michigan
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Oh and maybe tomorrow I'll hit the gym treadmill, never got the chance today.
    I'll be back for sure though, just don't know when.

6. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    eBay?

7. Longboard Chapter Presidents
    1. Michigan
    2. Presidents

Message Count:

Barefoot TJ likes this.