Browser closing after posting or updates

Qadupae

Barefooters
Sep 28, 2010
Hey everyone, hopefully this is just a problem with IE and not for anything else, but it seems that everytime I post to the forums, update my profile, or just press the save button for anything, the browser closes on me. That means that not only do I have to hunt back to where I was at on BRS, but any other tabs I might have had open also close up. I am currently using IE updated, haven't tried this on Firefox yet to see if the same problem persists. Any recommendations otherwise?

Stop using IE  I use

Stop using IE :p

I use FireFox and don't have the issues you describe. I did just log in using IE8, made a change to my profile and made this post and IE8 did not close. What version of IE are you using?

IE7 and I can't update it

IE7 and I can't update it since its a work computer, which totally sucks. Oh well, just means I will be posting using my home comp with its all wonderful Firefox ^_^

Hi Q.  Welcome!  Rick was

Hi Q. Welcome! Rick was having problems recently where the menus kept blocking the login fields. Turns out he had IE7 on both his home and work computer. Like you, he was unable to make changes to his set at work. He did, however, upgrade to IE8 at home, and that resolved his problem at home.

I'm guessing IE7 is the culprit. If you can't make changes to your computer at work, then we can't help you through this. I'm sorry.

BTW, I'm using IE8 with

BTW, I'm using IE8 with 256-bit encryption, and I have no problems whatsoever.

Yeah, it must be the IE7

Yeah, it must be the IE7 then. I am posting this right now on my home Firefox, so if it doesn't boot me off, then IE is most definitely the culprit.

Edit: Yep, Firefox posted fine ^_^

Now there's a shocker. IE

Now there's a shocker. IE acting up...