Born To Run character list

pbarker

Barefooters
Sep 19, 2010
One of my co-works just finished BTR and is interested in researching the characters from the book.

Does anyone have a list of names from the book or know where to get one.

Pb

Wow that is 200 posts for me and no one has asked me to put my shoes on or to leave. :0

pbarker, please put your

pbarker, please put your shoes on....or kindly leave.
tounge_smile.gif

Ha! Couldn't resist.

Sorry, can't help you here - though I'd be interested in a look at a few of the characters myself.

NYAB

I'd just go through the book,

I'd just go through the book, oldschool style. I know, I know crazy idea huh?

I googled the young couple a while back since the book said that they surf I think. Jen and "Bonehead" have a bunch of vids on youtube. There's one that struck me of "Bonehead" winning a marathon in Hawaii with a time of 2'50". It's cool to see what 2'50" pace looks like for those that fantasize of doing a sub 3 marathon.

PB cool pic. Is that a manatee?

I am lazy.I know a lot of

I am lazy.

I know a lot of people look up the Charaters to see pictures since there are none in the book.

Someone has a list right Chris M ;)

Yes that is a mannatee I saw in Belize

The one guy from over sees

The one guy from over sees somewhere that was in the military then joined the olympic team he then won and set records in the 5000, 10000, and marathon. That guy sounds sweey!

I confess... I am one of the

I confess... I am one of the geeks that googled the characters while reading the book. The book presents loads of information on injuries, racing, shoes, the Tarahumara Indians and science in general. Then on top of that it has a good back story with these crazy characters that make you think you are reading something fictional... I couldn't help myself - I had to see what they look like. With the exception of Scott Jurek and Christopher McDougall, the other main characters are a little crazy, in a fun way (Jenn Shelton, Billy Barnet, Caballo Blanco and Barefoot Ted). There are some others that have a decent amount of pages dedicated to them, but they aren't with you by the end of the book.

This doesn't really count as

This doesn't really count as a list of characters, but you might find it interesting. There is a directory containing pictures from the race at Caballo Blanco's website: http://caballoblanco.com/

If you scroll down to the link Spring 2006 Directory, it will take you to folders containing a lot of images. There are no names, but if you have read the book, you should be able to figure out who most of the main characters are.

I guess I am also one of those geeks who googled while reading the book.

Aren't there a couple of main

Aren't there a couple of main characters missing? What are their names? Billy and Jenn or something? Can't remember. Sorry.

I did a music gig at a local

I did a music gig at a local nature center a few months ago and got to talking running with one of the guys who works there. Seems he went to college with "Jen" and ran with her. He said she's really nice and is one heck of a runner!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts