BF Gear In New Orleans

El Yuca Descalzo

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2014
Hello, next week I´m going to be in NOLA and want to take the oportunity to get some gear, maybe some xero shoes or BF shoes for the office, also some VFF KSO to run in those hot days when the asphalt is too hot, any store recomendations?

For those places where shoes are required I use a pair of sandals I made from cheap plastic but they keep getting broken every month, eventually the VFF (bikila, but I feel them to thick), to be around the neighboorhood I use nothing and for work I adapted some old wide shoes to be flexible and flat.

Thanks...

Hi Yuca,

REI is usually a good place to find minimalistic shoes, but I see there's no store in Louisiana. Vibram has a listing of dealers there, but I guess model variety would depend on the store size.

Xero Shoes is more of an online vendor, but they do have some stores listed in their website. I see one in Lafayette, but don't know how close that is from New Orleans. I have a couple of Xeros and I bought both of them online, their service is really good and they do ship international, but I'd imagine the shipping cost to Mexico would be a bit high (on par with the shoe itself, probably). I got mine sent to a P.O. box in the US, so I wouldn't know how expensive their international shipping is.

Merrell and Sockwa are other good minimalistic options, you should check them out.

Have a nice trip to NOLA!

luna sandals has a site in mexico now. i like them better than zero. you can always buy some real chanclas down the street from you i'm sure. ;)

Reactions: NickW