better training

The Ramzev

Chapter Presidents
Jun 14, 2010
Milford, DE
I finally took the plunge and started running on my lunch break. As most of you know, having small kids makes it hard to find time to run. I've been toying with the idea of running on my hour lunch break so I finally started a couple weeks ago.
It takes me ~6 minutes to drive home, my neighborhood is a 1.5 mile lap so I do 2 laps at as close to race pace as I can (~7:05 pace today) cold shower, chocolate milk and AC on high for the ride back to work and I'm getting back right at 1pm.
It's been working well, I keep my desk stocked with healthy snacks so I quite the standard lunch and went to frequent snacks.
I think I'll be able to PR my next 10k at this rate.

Anyone else run at lunch?

Reactions: Sid
whoa, a serious post from ram. we need to mark the day. don't worry, i won't expect it from you again.

i'll be starting school next month. i know it will be getting too cold to run early bf and my dog won't always want to run that early. i may have to go home for lunch and eat during class. hell, as much as i eat i will likely eat during class anyhow.

I always run at lunch since I started running a few years ago.
The field house is just about five minutes away so it's very handy.
I ussualy run for 40/45 minutes.
I think you're are going to like it. I like running at noon because it brakes my day nicely.

whoa, a serious post from ram. we need to mark the day. don't worry, i won't expect it from you again.

i'll be starting school next month. i know it will be getting too cold to run early bf and my dog won't always want to run that early. i may have to go home for lunch and eat during class. hell, as much as i eat i will likely eat during class anyhow.

Do you get a whole hour for lunch?

Ass I get more college in me I feel more edumicated, I think it's taking a toll.. I'll get better, I promise.

Reactions: Lomad
I work M-F from 7.30 to 9.00 am, and then again from 4.30 to 6.00 pm... :D

Are you a school crossing guard, Willie?

I sometimes run at lunch. Usually I can work through lunch and call it an early day and run on the way home, instead. One of the perks of being a commisioned sales guy is that nobody really care where I am if my numbers are where they need to be. For that matter, I can tell the boss I'm going fishing and take a whole morning off to fish a favourable tide, if I so desire.