Best 100 miler/50 miler to barefoot?

saypay45

Chapter Presidents
May 24, 2010
I think the consensus opinion is that Rocky Racoon is the ultra best suited to barefoot the entire way. I know Todd Ragsdale tried last year and completely nutted up his foot because the trail was covered in snow.

Any others that you'd consider barefoot friendly?

If you find them, be sure to

If you find them, be sure to add them to the Course Reviews section up top. Thanks.

I'll be able to report out on

I'll be able to report out on RR after the race. I would say only the Grasslands 50 mile is truly bf friendly, based on my experience. There are a few rocky sections but there are long stretches of sand.

I hope RR is BF friendly!

I hope RR is BF friendly! lol. I think, weather permitting of course, that RR is 100 mile BF possiblle. Theres also the Destin 50 in Destin Florida, I think its all on sand.

Dances with Dirt was fairly

Dances with Dirt was fairly barefoot friendly. I only ran the 50k though.

Wait... Woodstock races are

Wait... Woodstock races are BF friendly? No way!

Chaser- yeah... the trails

Chaser- yeah... the trails are pretty much hard-packed dirt with a few roots and rocks. There's a section of gravel road, but it's also hard-packed. The original course was rocky as f$#k. The new course (as of last year) is MUCH better.

And my job gets harder.What

And my job gets harder.

What is it about Chaser that brings out the gutter in all of us? Even Jason has trouble containing himself. ;-)

I've "corrected" your f-word, Jason. This is a family show, after all.

Thanks TJ, I had my

Thanks TJ, I had my safe-typing settings too low.
wink_smile.gif

Im sorry TJ... Im like an

Im sorry TJ... Im like an uneven lane at the bowling alley, no matter how good you are, your destined to go in the gutter at some point!

(No subject)

:stare:

Chaserwilliams wrote:Im sorry

Chaserwilliams said:
Im sorry TJ... Im like an uneven lane at the bowling alley, no matter how good you are, your destined to go in the gutter at some point!

That is so funny! My wife asked me why I laughed and what was so dang funny! Chaser you crack me up.

He is kinda amusing, isn't

He is kinda amusing, isn't he?

NickW wrote:Chaserwilliams

NickW said:
Chaserwilliams said:

That is so funny! My wife asked me why I laughed and what was so dang funny! Chaser you crack me up.

At least your wife still laughs. If I start to tell me wife what this guy named Chaser said, she just cuts me off and tells me she does not care.

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
NickW said:
Chaserwilliams said:

At least your wife still laughs. If I start to tell me wife what this guy named Chaser said, she just cuts me off and tells me she does not care.

Lol! My wife didn't realize I was on the computer! She would have done the same thing. She just rolled her eyes this time.

Thats strange... When I try

Thats strange... When I try to tell my wife stuff she cuts me off and says she doesnt care.... Are we all married to the same anti-Chaser woman?

Wait... TJ, are you actually

Wait... TJ, are you actually my now polygamous wife acting like a runner? Are these your multiple husbands that your using to try to ignore me? Are you a polygamous runner acting like my wife? Whats going on here, and how did that picture of Lava in a BRS thong end up as the background on my phone?

Someone, anyone, help me.

Someone, anyone, help me.