Bespoke transitional shoe - could a wide toebox, toe spacers + 6mm drop work?

Danny D

Barefooters
Nov 12, 2015
Hi,

Still not quite a barefoot runner

I have a somewhat messed up foot - curves inwards a bit, long toes plus a few extra bumps. Literally no off the rack shoe fits well enough. I'm injured and my forefoot is way too weak for going cold turkey on shoes. I am going to have to cough up and commission a bespoke all purpose shoe.

I have long wondered why no shoe with a drop is as wide or wider at the toes than at the ball of foot. My plan for a shoe is a fully flexible 6mm drop shoe with a toebox wide enough to accommodate toe spacers. Toe spacers fit between my toes and would hopefully prevent my 5th hammer toes from becoming rigid.

I can't see any problems with this design, but am worried by how I haven't seen anything like it for sale, ever. Is there some fundamental flaw here which I'm not noticing?

Any suggestion, idea or criticism of design is much appreciated :)

Thanks for the response. Sweet looking pair of shoes, but I need at least the stiffness that a minimalist shoe provides. Found myself a weekend shoemaking course and built a shoe myself, I'll know if it works in 2 weeks or so when the sole has been attached and they post it over

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11