Bay To Breakers 2011 - San Francisco

Jeepmonkey

Barefooters
Oct 13, 2010
It may be too early to start planning this, but is there anyone interested? I checked it out this morning and you still can't register for it, but as soon as it's open, I'm in.

I will be doing it completely barefoot too.

Jeep, contact Barefoot

Jeep, contact Barefoot Terry from the BRS San Francisco Chapter to see if he may be going or knows of others who may be going. Maybe they can make it a meetup. Also, post in the California forum to reach more readers there.

Try Terry though.  He will

Try Terry though. He will get a message in his email from you when you use either his email icon or PM icon in his profile. If you want a copy of the email though, be sure to check the send yourself a copy checkbox.

I just signed up for this

I just signed up for this yesterday. If you sign up for their mailing list you might get an early reg notice. I haven't ran 12K yet, but I have done 5 Mi. 7 isn't that much more.

I am hoping to go barefoot myself.

Jeep, are you in California? 

Jeep, are you in California? If so, you may want to join those chapters to receive updates and info on the goings-on with those groups and be able to post in those chapters about meetups and stuff, which propagate to each of their members via email. Just a suggestion. ;-)

I think I've seen reports

I think I've seen reports that the Bay to Breakers is something of a circus. Shoes optional runners will barely raise eyebrows when there are costumes and clothing optional runners in the mix. That said, were I a couple thousand miles closer, I'd be IN! 12K would be a nice race, and the views would be great!

I'm not sure how I heard

I'm not sure how I heard about it, but once I looked into it I found out that there is a group called "Bare To Breakers" that run it naked. Oddly enough, they wear shoes.

YAY!  i'll see you guys

YAY! i'll see you guys there... you might want to bring some after race socks or something though, last year was cold!

I probably should have just signed up for corral A, but I went honest with corral B. I'm def gonna bring a lightwieght pack and have my runamocs socks and a windbreaker with me, I'll be the one with my dong hanging loose!... that's a total lie, I'll be fully clothed (you don't need shoes to be fully clothed right?)

cheers

Jeepmonkey wrote:I'm not sure

Jeepmonkey said:
I'm not sure how I heard about it, but once I looked into it I found out that there is a group called "Bare To Breakers" that run it naked. Oddly enough, they wear shoes.

They wear shoes. Too funny !

Not sure if I should reply or start a new thread so if this is wrong, let me know and I can post it as new.
I walked the Bare to Breakers (and classified myself as “bare from neck to toe”) in 2001 and 2002. This time, I plan to run it. Is anyone else intending to do it, bare-all or just barefoot, in four weeks?
Also, I am unable to get an exact course map, and want an elevation profile which is not available on their site. Does anyone have this information?
Thanks in advance!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts