Barefoot Professor's Today Show Interview ...

Yes, he did a great job.

Yes, he did a great job. Thanks, Rick! The women interviewing him sound ridiculous, but hey, whatever. I have to bring this up... Everyone is calling Howell the Barefoot Professor, but they used to call Lieberman that. What happened? Lierberman is no longer the Barefoot Professor?

Surgery twice but I have to

Surgery twice but I have to wear shoes?

A "Rock Star" has to wear shoes? (Never mind Shakira and Joss Stone)

Yes, she has "corns."  She

Yes, she has "corns." She HAS to wear shoes. What? To hide those ugly corns? I can say, I don't have corns, thank you very much!

He sounded quite reasonable,

He sounded quite reasonable, for a shoeless kook. Just a few glimmers of fanaticism there, but they were masked by heartfelt testimonial fervor. A good guy, I think. What does he do at Liberty Univ? (Speaking of fanaticism.)

JosephTree wrote:He sounded

JosephTree said:
He sounded quite reasonable, for a shoeless kook. Just a few glimmers of fanaticism there, but they were masked by heartfelt testimonial fervor. A good guy, I think. What does he do at Liberty Univ? (Speaking of fanaticism.)

Yeah! Of course Christian = nutcase!

puzzled.png

Now, now!  I didn't say that

Now, now! I didn't say that exactly. The Liberty U. brand are a trifle earnest, but I do not write off all of any religion quite that easily.

I'm a born again Unitarian myself and I warn you - do NOT get between me and a pot luck dinner!

haha, I get the public

haha, I get the public restroom thing often too. I mean, yeah, it's a little grody to have your feet in direct contact with potty splatter but it's not like you're eating with your feet afterward or even touching them for that matter. :shrug:

I didn't get the rock star shoe thing, or the surgery thing (as if wearing 3 inch heals is going to help make your feet better or speed up your recovery?) Oh and Michael Franti is also a barefooter :love: speaking of barefoot rockstars.

In all, it's just more good exposure. It's good to see more and more barefoot publicity, getting the good word out there.

Love it! Those girls are such

Love it! Those girls are such BIMBOS, omg...I can only imagine how short their achilles tendons are.

Well, there goes my plan for going through the airport barefoot this upcoming January when I visit my folks. Moccassins will have to do.

Public restrooms are pretty incredibly clean. Just ask the mythbusters. Your phone is dirtier than a toilet seat.

I only draw the line at porta potties and gas stations. And gas station restrooms. Gak!

I never watch any of those

I never watch any of those morning or daytime TV shows, and never have.

Now I know why!

They had a learned professor with a current book on a rare but interesting topic at their disposal willing to answer any and all questions, and what did they do with their precious few minutes?

Sheryl Crow can sing, so that makes her a guest host? She was'nt on as an entertainer, but a GUEST HOST!

She was an interference, not an enhancement to Dr. Howell's interview.

And the real host herself? I thought the role of a good interviewer is to elicit good responses from the guest.

Barbara Walters would have at least given Daniel a chance to describe what kind of tree he would like to be.

They wasted their audience's time, never letting the Doc answer any real questions or giving him a chance to deliver some good talking points.

"Sheryl Crow can sing..." 

"Sheryl Crow can sing..." That's a matter of opinion. ;-)

I agree though, Board. A couple of ignorant, clueless bimbos (as Mary called them).

i have been afraid to go

i have been afraid to go everywhere bf because of the bathroom. i've thought about it and realize i don't put my foot in my mouth, only figuratively, nor do i touch my food with my foot.

i was thinking of come backs to people asking about that. i came up with " do you wear gloves everywhere?". "do you make people wash their hands before you shake theirs?" "your not wearing a mask, aren't you afraid of getting some disease?"

and it can go on and on from there. i still likely won't go bf everywhere but those are just a few comments i have come up with.

mike

Given time to properly

Given time to properly explain, the case can easily be made that there are germs present on the floors of many public restrooms, thus the reason to go barefoot into them whenever possible.

By the time you enter your car, home, or workplace, your bare feet will have been cleansed of those microbes.

Not so the other's shoes, which will further incubate those pathogens in the warm moist indoors.

Too bad TV and radio hosts always bring up the subject, but never really allow for a complete answer.

I'd like to see Oprah look directly into her camera (if that's what she does,still have never seen her show) and proclaim:

"I will NEVER wear a pair of shoes into a public restroom EVER AGAIN after hearing the good doctor explain this. Barefoot it is for me from now on!"

I traveled in October on

I traveled in October on airplanes. 4 total flights. I did all this completely barefoot. Not until the last plane did someone say something to me. The guy taking my ticket to board last plane bugged me about my barefeet. He wanted to atleast see that I had shoes. So I showed him so min shoes in my bag. he did not make me put them on. I was told by him FAA require passengers to wear shoes at takeoff, and landing. I'd say my barefoot experience in the airports were very positive. Sacramento, LA, Philly, Chicago. None of the on plane flight crews ever said anything to me. I traveled via Southwest.

Good to see barefeet exposed on national TV.....

Sweet. I'm gonna totally take

Sweet. I'm gonna totally take on Denver International Airport barefoot. Also, Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'm sure no one will talk to me in Grand Rapids though. Too small. They won't care. I love my hometown :)

I just spent a good 1-1/2

I just spent a good 1-1/2 hours in Toys R Us shopping today. My feet were killing me in the Crocs I was wearing, since I have no other shoes with that wide of a toe box for MN, and I have to have something for the PF I am still battling from the cryosurgery/antibiotics episodes, but I was in so much pain, I took them off and shopped the last hour barefoot. I was greeted by store employees several times for assistance for this or that, and not one person said anything to me. They were quite busy though, and probably didn't have the time to haggle with me over it. I got some looks from other shoppers, but I could care less what they think. Ahhhh, the tile floors were so cold and so comfy!

Wow, Selena is HOT!   I can't

Wow, Selena is HOT! I can't belive they only gave him 3 min, and then dismissed him as unusual, as if it was wrong for him to be bf? I know it isn't mainstream, but they could have been nicer, they gave others plenty of airtime?

Henry Rolins performed with

Henry Rolins performed with his band barefoot most of the time. Not as hot as Gomez, but at least his music is, what's the word...good. Good is the word I'm looking for.

henry-rollins-black-flag.jpg