barefoot meet up Toronto

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Henry, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Andy is a cool guy, I hope we see more of him!
  2. Barefoot Ken Bob Chapter Presidents
    1. California -...

Message Count:
    Happy to be a help. Besides it was a lot of fun!

3. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Hey Ken, I have been loving your book fyi. I have been thinking about what you have been saying about keeping the calf relaxed and realised that it correlates with a couple of things (everything really) in quite interesting ways. I play Kontrabass and when playing standing up it is the same game as running in that if the calves are dynamically relaxed there is superior energy transfer to and through the whole body, I have noticed it while working as a framer carrying joists/walls/gables into position that to maintain the correct balance and power and also with kettlebell training especially in the over head snatch as the bell will wear you out your hands if you fail to transfer energy fluidly along the sole of the foot and up/down. Anyway thanks again as you've helped a great deal with me being able to see this process more clearly.
    Henry and NickW like this.
  4. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Okay Grant and Henry, please consider yourselves Chapter Presidents of the Canada Chapter along with Barefooting Bob and Horseman42. I have added you both to the Presidents group under the Chapters link. You can use this group to communicate with all the other CPs, ask for info, and share info and ideas. Please visit the Presidents group and check out the stickied threads at the top of the forum, especially the Getting Started Info one. Thanks for stepping up! -TJ :cat::penguin:

Barefoot Ken Bob likes this.
  5. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I am going to start introducing myself as the local chapter president of the International Barefoot Runners Society. ;) Lets see how it goes when I go to the running room tomorrow to see if I can bring some folks over to the dark side of the force! Thanks TJ
    Barefoot Ken Bob and Barefoot TJ like this.