barefoot meet up Toronto

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Henry, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    This will be to carry on from Ken Bob's Norhteasth tour which help us barefooters unite and expand our members. We did our first meet up this morning Saturday July 20. in Mississauga west of Toronto.
    We plan to meet and run again on High Park Toronto, meeting @ Bloor entrance parking lot besides restaurant/ food court.
    8:00 am Saturday July 27, 2013.
    great if you can make it and also invite others.
  2. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Hey all, also want to add that those who are just beginning their adaptation are more than welcome to join in and put their shoes on when they've had enough barefoot for the day. Henry and myself are more than happy to offer gentle guidance and some mobility drills to get the motor running. I am going to take a few runs through High Park this week and map a run with a good mixture of incline and decline as well as some variations in ground consistency as High Park has everything from thick moss to crushed limestone to run on. That being said I am thinking the first few runs are going to be very foot friendly with lots of dirt grass and some patches of smooth(ish) concrete and asphalt. Hey Henry, I am going to knock up a Facebook page and call it an "Un-boot Camp" to see if I can snag some more folks from downtown!
  3. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    If you guys are planning meetups for the BRS, we need to get them on the calendar. Who is heading these up, both Henry and Grant? Should I add you to the Moderators group, so you can post the details of the events? When you do this, an email will be generated to all the members of the Canada Chapter with the info for that group run. Please let me know. Thanks! -TJ

4. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    Thanks TJ How do we get them on the calendar, we can also direct meet up participants to BRS site for those who's not yet a member.
  5. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    Awesome Grant, I'll invite more folks, we'll show everyone barefoot running is coming to town.
  6. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I've added you, Henry, as a Moderator of the Canada Chapter. I am waiting to hear from Grant to see if he would like to be added as well. Locate the Post New Event button at the top of the chapter, and from there, it should be pretty much self-explanatory. If you have any questions, please let me know.

If you all, and the current Chapter Presidents, would like to talk about adding or removing Chapter Presidents for Canada, please let me know.

7. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    TJ, I don't see any Post New Event button anywhere, I did see post new thread button and events calendar.
  8. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Hey TJ, just woke up and getting a coffee in me! I would love to be added as a moderator as well thanks.
  9. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    just come back from 21km group run, here in Mississauga, lots of folks said they may or may not come depending on their schedule. Some would like to come someother days.
    A few actually run barefoot partialy on our group run and plan to keep practicing on their own time.
    Grant are you in to continue our Un-boot Camp meet up every Saturday morning maybe we can alternate Mississauga and Toronto venue, the more places we can explore running the more fun.
  10. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    This all seems reasonable to me Henry. I look forward to this!
  11. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Both of you, Henry and Grant, should now be able to see the Post New Event button at the top-right. And I have made you both Moderators of the Canada Chapter. Now, it's a matter of adding you as Chapter Presidents of the Canada Chapter, if Bob and Horseman feel they could use the help and depending on where exactly you both are located. If you are up to it, please let me know. Bob, Horseman, your input, please? Thanks!

Grant likes this.
  12. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Hey TJ, no event button yet but I am guessing these things take time. As soon as it shows up we will make this into an "official" event. :)
  13. Barefooting Bob Administrator
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I have no issue adding Henry and Grant into the fold as Chapter Presidents, as the size of the country can make it logistically impossible to have only one or for that matter two. Plus they have both done some awesome stuff in the TO area and have the dedication to help me with expanding our demographic. I have been concentrating on getting Manitoba going at full steam, while dabbling in Sask and Alberta as well. Now if only we can find someone to help out in BC, Quebec and the Atlantic provinces we would be set.

Barefoot TJ and dutchie53 like this.
  14. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Thank you. Should I create new Canada Chapters or leave it as is and everyone shares the same home page?

15. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    I logged in as you Henry, and I see the Post New Event button. Please take a look here:

PostNewEvent.png

16. Barefoot Ken Bob Chapter Presidents
    1. California -...

Message Count:
    Henry,

Try logging off, then logging back on again.

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  17. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Hey Henry,

I will set this as an event tomorrow morning if you already haven't. Looking forward to it!
  18. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    TJ<
    Thanks, now I can see Post New Event Button
  19. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    Grant below is Andy's email after last Saturday's barefoot meet-up and after I sent him a few barefoot web links.

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the email. Those are really great articles for me as beginner.
    In Sunday's group run, I tried barefoot for last 1k. I did feel great on smooth concrete pavement but not the rough ones. As per one of the articles, it might take some times to get rid of running shoes.
    Again, a big THANK YOU to you, for introducing me to Barefoot Running.
    Thanks to Grant and Alice as well.

Andy
  20. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    Thanks Ken, your visit here in Mississauga reignite barefoot culture in this corner of the planet.