Barebottom shoe

Canadian member, Sue Kenney, is marketing a new style of footwear. It is called Barebottom shoes. Her creation gives the illusion that you are wearing a shoe/sandal, but your toes, forefoot, and heal are kissing the ground. She is promoting them for those interested in yoga and earthing. I for one think they look pretty cool. You could walk into a restaurant or store and they'd never know you were bare. Check out her website. Has anyone tried these yet?

Barebottoms-Shoes-200x300.jpg

Canadian member, Sue Kenney, is marketing a new style of footwear. It is called Barebottom shoes. Her creation gives the illusion that you are wearing a shoe/sandal, but your toes, forefoot, and heal are kissing the ground. She is promoting them for those interested in yoga and earthing. I for one think they look pretty cool. You could walk into a restaurant or store and they'd never know you were bare. Check out her website. Has anyone tried these yet?

Barebottoms-Shoes-200x300.jpg

Since Yoga allows for bare feet, what is the Yoga advantage/purpose... cuteness factor?

Reactions: Sid and Sue Kenney
Thanks for sharing Barefoot YOW.
I have received several testimonials from barefooters wearing Barebottoms outdoors and indoors. Here's one:
"Sue, thank you so much for the sandals. They are perfect. I gotta say that you hit the nail on the head with them. they are the perfect unisex sandal! People are already commenting on them so much that they love them. I tell people they are my solelless mocs, cuz they ressemble mocs very much. The fit is a little lose across the width of the foot, and I love the color a lot. I live near the beach, and there are a lot of beach gift shops around there and I'm going to present those cards you sent to the business owners to see if they might be interested in selling them in which I'm pretty sure they will be. I hope I can boost your busiiness a little. Congrats on a great design. Oh by the way, they are so comfortable that I hardly know they are are on my feet. I can wear them all day and forget I'm wearing them, and for the barefooters up in the Great White North, they can double as gaiters also. I think you have a potential gold mine." Ward Wellons

Last year, I pitched my business idea to Dragons' Den, a hit TV show on CBC (Like Shark Tank). and it was aired on January 15 and 19th. If you are interested in what investors think about a sole-less shoe, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgeOZgl-gs0 Soul to sole. Sue

Attachments

• Sue in Forest Sept 13 sm.jpg
    Sue in Forest Sept 13 sm.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0276.jpg
    IMAG0276.jpg
    869.4 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Sid
Since Yoga allows for bare feet, what is the Yoga advantage/purpose... cuteness factor?
Sue’s initial intent was to introduce more people to barefooting and simplifying their footwear to allow the feet to get stronger and do what they were meant to do by offering a ”shoe” that looks good. Then she discovered that the Barebottom Shoe actually grips on slippery floor to allow more control during Yoga moves.

Reactions: Sue Kenney

Yes, definately the look and style is a factor. There is more grip with the shoes and having suede wrapped around your foot is a reminder to be aware of the soles of your feet and the connection to the ground. Also yogi's who are barefoot indoors are likely candidates for going outdoors in their bare feet. :)

Attachments

• Sandra gorgeous small.jpg
    Sandra gorgeous small.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 12