Bare If You Dare 52K Ultra

I've just added the Bare If You Dare 52K Ultra to the BRS calendar page. This event will take place on October 23, 2010, in Port Credit, Ontario, Canada (just outside of Toronto).

It's a very loosely organized event - no entrance fee, no course marshalls, and the route will not be closed. There will be route markers, though. There will probably only be one aid station at the start/finish point. The route will consist of four 13K loops, about half of the distance on public roads/sidewalks and half on a mix of paved and bark-chip lakeside trails.

There's no formal BRS Ontario chapter yet (though I hope there will be soon), and I know where a long way from most of you folks, but I'd like to invite anyone who's interested to join us for the inaugural running of the BIYD 52.

Thanks!

Alan

Thank you, Alan, for posting

Thank you, Alan, for posting your event. We haven't forgotten about Canada...and the rest of the world for that matter. Just trying to work out the legalities of it all. Soon we hope is right.

That may be because there is

That may be because there is no chapter set up for any providence in Canada. I think when an event is created, it is placed on the front page. Soon, we will provide each chapter with its own calendar. Otherwise the national calendar events will explode with TMI. Thanks for being patient with us guys.

I think it will be a fun

I think it will be a fun event, Angie!

I hope that TrailDawg, who's the organizer behind the Dare to Be Bare event, and who has recently joined this forum, will offer his own comments. (Hint, hint,Stephen!)

Alan

Alan, be sure to add your

Alan, be sure to add your event to the Canada forum discussion area too. Just a helpful suggestion. ;-)

Great.  Thank you.

Great. Thank you.