[Aug 3, 2013] (Un) Bootcamp (Mississauga ON)

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Grant, Jul 24, 2013.

(Un) Bootcamp
Start Date: Aug 3, 2013 08:00 AM
End Date: Aug 3, 2013 09:00 AM
Time zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

730 Courtneypark
Mississauga ON L5W 1L9

Stream URL:
None

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Hey all! Henry and myself are hosting a series of free runs alternating between Toronto and Mississauga. The first one is in High Park this Saturday the 27th at 8:00 am. We will of course hang out for a while talking and going through some mobility drills until about 8:30 or so and then we hit the trails. I am mapping out some routes in High Park as just about any kind of surface you can imagine is in existence right from deep spongy forest floor to crushed limestone. I will be mapping a run with a nice easy ground texture, lots of grass and wooded trail with a little bit of asphalt and concrete. Anyone is welcome to join and bring their shoes if they are just freshly adapting to barefoot running.
  2. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Went to High Park yesterday and mapped out a good route that we can all have a lot of fun with. Managed to mix a lot of different terrains and surfaces into it and there should almost alway be soft stuff for those who need it. Also once we have gone through the initial route any who want really good practice running on incline/decline can run through beautiful High Park gardens
    dutchie53 likes this.
  3. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    See you on Saturday morning Grant, I like the incline the most. Thanks.
  4. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Incline we will have Henry! The gardens have the steepest and longest hills I have seen in Toronto, should be a nice way to round out the end of the run.
  5. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    woo hoo lovely run this morning w/ fellow BFR, thanks Grant, that steep grassy hill repeat, as Andy said it was his best BFR experience.
    As you can see I'm totally hooked on hills BFR. I'm sure those kids in shoes doing hills w/ us are thinking these BFR are awesome, they are just shy to try BFR.
  6. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    Next Saturday August 3, 2013 BFR Un Boot camp meet up in Mississauga 8:00 am, meeting @ tartan track oval parking lot. Huge grass field besides track lovely for those who wants relief from hard surface running. We can also run some 100, 400, 800 meter track, show folks how fast BFR is.
    St Marcellinus Secondary school trackoval

730 Courtneypark Drive West
    Mississauga ON, L5W 1L9

exit 401 @ Mavis, first traffic light north is Courtneypark, school and track is right on the corner of MAvis and Courtneypark.
  7. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    Grant, I'm wondering is it possible to add another map for next week run @ Mississauga Track, St. Marcellinus
    Also maybe we can make this BRS thread our central communication for future meet-up location and great BFR stories and events.
    Then we can just direct folks interested in BFR to these site.
  8. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Hey! Next weeks location is on the map. I agree Henry, the kids didn't know what to think of us tearing up the hill barefoot. I have to say that the combination of dew and the clover made that the best traction exercise I have ever experienced! I just remembered that I need to edit the calendar as well!