are you barefooters or barefoot runners?

but malaria isnt very widespread isnt it? i mean its like difficult to get not easy, specially in some countries more than the others
Yah, distribution varies, and there are preventive measures you can take, but it still kills a lot of people every year, especially vulnerable groups like children and old people, or people with AIDS. It wasn't any fun watching my daughter get it, and the medicine can be pretty harsh too, depending on the strain and resistance. In Mozambique, the last tropical country I lived in, there's a variety of malaria that goes straight to your brain. The good news is there's a chance a vaccine will be developed in our lifetimes.

Yah, distribution varies, and there are preventive measures you can take, but it still kills a lot of people every year, especially vulnerable groups like children and old people, or people with AIDS. It wasn't any fun watching my daughter get it, and the medicine can be pretty harsh too, depending on the strain and resistance. In Mozambique, the last tropical country I lived in, there's a variety of malaria that goes straight to your brain. The good news is there's a chance a vaccine will be developed in our lifetimes.
didnt know that, but malarya isnt in all tropical countries isnt it?

We don't have malaria, but we do have Dengue Fever.

Not usually, but there was a large increase last Nov after the gas explosion because of all the extra water that couldn't drain away properly.

The way I do it is I go barefoot almost exclusively as soon as temperatures consistently stay 65 and up (late spring/summer/early fall), which is a very short period of time around here. When it's below 65 consistently, I go back to my stash of high quality dress shoes. See, for me it's also kind of a fashion thing. I can only make bare feet work when they're worn with shorts and t-shirt. When it gets too cold to wear shorts and t shirt, I switch over to dress clothes, but I can't wear bare feet with that and make it work, so I wear my really nice dress shoes for about six to seven months out of the year.

I want to go barefoot full time, but for now i first need to get my feet stronger, walking with a forefoot step is going well, but i am trying to cure my flat feet, the arches are back in my feet but my feet still roll inwards a little. Also i first bought minimalist shoes 4 months ago (sockwa x8) and now bought vivobarefoots that are winter proof, so in spring i'll try to increase barefoot time further.

Reactions: bobfeet
I want to go barefoot full time, but for now i first need to get my feet stronger, walking with a forefoot step is going well, but i am trying to cure my flat feet, the arches are back in my feet but my feet still roll inwards a little. Also i first bought minimalist shoes 4 months ago (sockwa x8) and now bought vivobarefoots that are winter proof, so in spring i'll try to increase barefoot time further.
I have the same problem. My arches are starting to have some shape again, but they still roll inward too much. I need to work on my ankle alignment, which then will fix the arches. Then after I do exclusively that for the winter, I will work on sole toughness when it warms back up.

Reactions: bobfeet
I was born with weak ankles apparantly, but i hope to "cure" that, what kind of exercize do you do?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5000 met Tapatalk
I don't do the exercises on a frequent basis, as I have many other responsibilities that take up my time and energy. But when I bother to do any, I start with a golf ball that I just roll around my arch, I do calf stretches, where I put my hand on the wall, and stretch one leg back while keeping my foot completely on the ground, and aligned straight forward, and I hold for 30 seconds per leg, and do about five repeats each. I also watch how I walk when I'm wearing shoes, making sure my feet aren't pointing too much out in either direction, and forcing my arch to keep shape.

I wear slippers in the house (2 kids, 2 dogs, not a lot of cleaning time so floors can feel a little dirty), but take them off when I go out to the yard and for walks. At work and around town I am shod, but otherwise wear a flat shoe (Vans, boat shoes, flip-flops). In Winter I wear heavy work boots because I discovered that it helps my seasonal knee-pain tremendously. Recently I got the gumption up to pick my daughter up from an after school event barefoot. I only stood outside the school and waited. Got a few looks I think but no big deal. I think society in general has issues with bare feet so I try to toe the line of society, but otherwise enjoy being barefoot. Frankly, out in public and at stores I prefer something on my feet.