Are varifocals safe to run with

skedaddle

Barefooters
Sep 3, 2011
I've been in and out of the eye hospital with one thing or another recently, my vision has changed quite a lot in that time.
Now that's done with i've just had an eye test and they recommend varifocals. From what i gather the peripheral vision is slightly blurred with VF, would that be dangerous for road running or not noticeable?
Thanks

I'm an MD, but not an ophtalmologist...
But at least I'm an 'experiental expert' (google translate doesn'tt know an English word for the Dutch 'ervaringsdeskundige' - someone who gained expertise through experience), since I'm wearing varifocals since about three years, so I guess I can answer here...
I must say, I never really noticed that peripheral blurring of the visual field - and the amount of blurring certainly isn't in the range that would make running dangerous (in that case, it certainly wouldn't be allowed to drive a car while wearing varifocals!)

Reactions: skedaddle
Thanks Anne, i wasn't sure where to post because it was kind of an odd subject.
I ended up going with two pairs of standard lenses in the end one for reading one for distance.
I've go monocular double vision from shingles scarring along with some other rare eye condition that i can't pronounce so i decided to keep the lenses as simple as they could be.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test