Anyone live near S 1st/Dittmar wanting a running partner?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by barnarddale, Feb 8, 2013.

1. barnarddale Barefooters

Message Count:
    I find that I don't get out and run with groups, I just spontaneously run when the mood strikes. However, I like running with people, so if anyone near me wants to run sometime, let me know.

Dale
  2. rbondi Barefooters

Message Count:
    Hey Dale,

I live in Manchaca, I run at Mary Moore Searight park regularly. I am open to other locations, just let me know. I am a programmer also, self employed with poolside home office.
    Barefoot TJ likes this.
  3. NotSoDoomedRunner Barefooters

Message Count:
    There are two of us in Kyle too who run around south Austin to San marcos. I'm out until July but I can pass this along to 'y bud. And I can let u know in the summer what our plans are.

4. barnarddale Barefooters

Message Count:
    Thanks for the reply. Is there anywhere around here where you run completely barefoot? I sometimes run at Mary Moore Searight (usually to/from my house as well), but I wear my Altra Adams or Merrell Trail Gloves because the park is so rocky.
    rbondi likes this.
  5. barnarddale Barefooters

Message Count:
    Thanks. Are you the ones who sometimes post ~10 mile runs around Kyle? I'm interested in those, but like I said in my post, I don't seem to commit to group runs. Seems like a runny buddy nearby or via phone calls/emails would entice me more. I'm at dale@dalebarnard.com if you think to invite me on a run sometime.
  6. Chaserwilliams Barefooters

Message Count:
    Be carefull running with NotSoDoomedRunner, he will fart in front of you and sling mud in your mouth at every mud puddle he comes to.... All in all he's a great running partner! He's even been known to eat a PB&J sandwich, gummy bears, pretzels, and a cup of M&M's at the same time, all while peeing in the woods.

.... Just be carefull!

7. barnarddale Barefooters

Message Count:
    Sounds familiar...
  8. NotSoDoomedRunner Barefooters

Message Count:
    Dude. You started it!! LOL

I am also likely to get you lost on trails.

9. NotSoDoomedRunner Barefooters

Message Count:
    Yeah, usually there are just two of us,but we have had up to 5 show up. When I am not injured, we run almost every Saturday, we just post it every once in a while.

10. rbondi Barefooters

Message Count:
    I wear biks running there. I have tried maybe 400-600 meter segments bare, but not sure if I want to progress.

I think most of the streets in the area should be barefoot friendly, the only issue is traffic. We could meet at MMS park or Dittmar park and wing it from there.
  11. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    If you guys make this a meetup, please add it to the BRS's calendar through the chapter. Thanks!