anyone know what this is?

Thanks hun. Hope ur injuries heal soon.
Oh but I am not injured- I am broken, my vertebrates that is. So there is no healing for me am afraid.
I just take one day at the time.

Lee, we majorly hijack hula's tread.
Sorry Hula:sorry:
I know, but it's a proud tradition here at BRS.
Right knee is much better today, btw. It's much looser today, and I even ran a few blocks on it, but the knee cap feels a little sore. Should be good to go for a short run tomorrow, and some light squats/deadlifts next week. It was good to have this little scare. I respect the deadlift a lot more now. I'll notch down intensity and up volume a bit to adjust. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

Sorry to hear your back still bothers you. I had thought you had found a way to make it manageable. You seem to be running a lot these days. Is something like a back squat possible for you with your back condition? I would think it would strengthen it if it's possible to do them without pain or risk of collapsing your back.

Hula makes the excellent point that lifting isn't just for meatheads. Basic strength and (normal) mobility are the foundation for fitness. Once you have those, anything can be added on later. For me, lifting and running are the meat and potatoes, or vegetables and fruits of fitness. I get kind of frustrated sometimes that lifting is so strongly associated with bodybuilding. Especially in the artist-n-intellectual circles. Strong misconceptions, like barefooting.

Reactions: Sid and Hulahooper
I know, but it's a proud tradition here at BRS.
Right knee is much better today, btw. It's much looser today, and I even ran a few blocks on it, but the knee cap feels a little sore. Should be good to go for a short run tomorrow, and some light squats/deadlifts next week. It was good to have this little scare. I respect the deadlift a lot more now. I'll notch down intensity and up volume a bit to adjust. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

Sorry to hear your back still bothers you. I had thought you had found a way to make it manageable. You seem to be running a lot these days. Is something like a back squat possible for you with your back condition? I would think it would strengthen it if it's possible to do them without pain or risk of collapsing your back.

Hula makes the excellent point that lifting isn't just for meatheads. Basic strength and (normal) mobility are the foundation for fitness. Once you have those, anything can be added on later. For me, lifting and running are the meat and potatoes, or vegetables and fruits of fitness. I get kind of frustrated sometimes that lifting is so strongly associated with bodybuilding. Especially in the artist-n-intellectual circles. Strong misconceptions, like barefooting.
So good to hear your knee is better. Yeah sometimes we do need those little hurts to remind us that we aren't inmortal.
About my back, I'll never be pain free it's manageable with PT to a point and it's colapse most of the time hence the bulging disc.
Thank God that at least I can run as running BF doesn't make it worst. I do a lot of bodywight exercises l
ying down and I definetely do squats on a consistence basis I just can't do upper body lifting which it's a shame because I would really love to do some of that.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Well, a lot of people are physically active, but defying gravity with iron plates still has a strong association with steriod-abusing, fake tan, zero-bodyfat buffoons.

And it just doesn't go over well with some people if you look like ex-military, although I enjoy the extra respect people sometimes show.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11

Latest posts