Anyone barefooting in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Grant, May 6, 2013.

1. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    If you are I haven't seen you yet! I am located in the junction triangle and have just opened my training studio The Tempered Sole. I am wondering if there are any folks in the area who want to get together and take some fun runs through the hood over to High Park.

Cheers, IMG_2559.JPG
  2. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Welcome, Grant. The Tempered Sole sounds like a good name. :barefoot:

3. Eryn Barefooters
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    I'm in Toronto albeit a bit of a hike from High park.
  4. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Thanks TJ. How far off are you Eryn?
  5. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    I'm here in Mississauga, I run Mississauga Marathon last Sunday wearing foot gloves. We'll schedule a meetup barefoot run sometime
  6. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
  7. Barefoot Ken Bob Chapter Presidents
    1. California -...
    2. California -...
    3. California -...

Message Count:
    KEN BOB’S RUNNING BAREFOOT PLAY-FUN-SHOPS!

(Because “workshop” sounds too much like work, and “clinic” sounds too clinical)
    How to Move Forward without Breaking your Feet or other Body Parts – EVEN in “barefoot shoes”!
    The goal of Ken Bob’s FREE Play-Fun-Shops is to help people (especially adults) learn how to teach themselves how to run and/or walk more gently, efficiently, and gracefully through PLAY and the use of the good senses we have been blessed with in, among other places, the soles of our feet.

We're, trying to organize a Free event on July 1st morning. I know it's a holiday in Canada, but that's when we'll be passing through. I have an overnight host in Mississauga, also looking into a park where some folks could attend my free Play-Fun-Shop, and maybe even do a little bit of running.

http://RunBarefootTour.com

8. Grant Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Hey! I'll see you on July 1st then, I am interested to see what you have up your sleeve. I've been training a long time and looking forward to some fresh perspectives.

Hey Henry, I am going to hold you to that man! Great photo by the way.
  9. Barefooting Bob Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Glad to see you guys are hooking up, and welcome to the Canadian Chapter.

10. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    Ken Bob, I'll see you then on July 1st. It'll be an honor to meet you, I have read your book and your quite popular in barefoot community. Lots of folks I run with here in Mississauga, Ontario is very interested in barefoot running. We can meet in a tartan track oval and beside it is a huge polished grass baseball field we can do some barefoot running. I'll gather all those who may be interested to attend our barefoot play-fun shop.
  11. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    Grant I'll see you on July 1st.
  12. Barefoot Ken Bob Chapter Presidents
    1. California -...
    2. California -...
    3. California -...

Message Count:
    We're looking at Lake Aquitaine Park, which is near my overnight hosts. Hopefully I'll be in town the night before, so we can do a morning event (about 2 hours, including some practical play, and maybe even some short running). Are you folks up for something at about 7am, or maybe 8am?

13. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    Yes, I live very close at Lake Aquitaine Park. We often run at that park. I'll start inviting friends to meet with you, 7 or 8 am is great time., We can meet beside the community center at the Park, your host will know the area.
    Thank Ken Bob.
  14. Barefoot Ken Bob Chapter Presidents
    1. California -...
    2. California -...
    3. California -...

Message Count:
    Henry, Is this a fairly quiet area where I could set up my canopy? I will also be video recording, which is why I like a reasonably quiet area (away from busy roads and highways, etc..

15. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    Ken, Lake Aquitaine Park is an asphalt running / walking trail around a small lake quite and away from busy road, lots of well maintained grass lawn and trees. Perfect spot for our running barefoot play fun-shop. Looking forward to meet you together w/ other barefooter here in greater Toronto area.
  16. Henry Chapter Presidents
    1. Canada

Message Count:
    Grant link below gives detail on our date on July 1st, help me advertised this event if you know anyone who will be interested.

http://www.thebarefootrunners.org/t...-barefoot-play-fun-shop-mississauga-on.13961/
  17. Barefoot Ken Bob Chapter Presidents
    1. California -...
    2. California -...
    3. California -...

Message Count:
    Before you folks do to much publicity, we have an alternate venue for my multimedia presentation at Runner's Mark in Port Credit between 4pm and 5pm. How much publicizing has been done so far? Would it be a problem to change to the new venue and time. This might work out better as I can do my full multimedia presentation... unless you folks prefer the simple format?