Another New Longest Run : Coney Island

Barefoot Jim

Barefooters
Sep 25, 2011
So i've been slowly building up the mileage again, as carefully as possible, after numerous TMTS injuries. Been doing six milers pretty comfortably, though now that its been getting pretty nippy here in New York, I've been relying more on my vibrams, but trying to get at lest some total barefoot on every run.

Yesterday, I set out with my buddy (who's done a few marathons alredy and is training for a tri) with the original plan of 7 miles. When we got to the middle of a local bridge, we could see the the iconic ferris wheel and parachute drop over in coney island, and got to wondering how far it would be, and decided to go for it. Ended up being 9.25, and I have to say it felt pretty good. About 5 miles in the bottom of my feet were getting a little sore, so I took off the vibrams (it was about 40 degrees when we started) and it was really nice. I only put the vibrams back on, because the couple of miles were on the boardwalk from brighton beach to coney island, and i find the spaces betewwn the boards a bit uncomfortable. I kinda thought I'd be wrecked today, so I held off running (kayaked instead). But i feel great. I havent run that far in about 20 years.

That's wondeful, Jim!  Sounds

That's wondeful, Jim! Sounds like a nice place to run too.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test