Altra Adam Review

saypay45

Chapter Presidents
May 24, 2010
As of now, you should take my

As of now, you should take my review "not so serious" I say that because I tried on a pre-production shoe and the one that MGBG revied is much different. So keep that in mind

Just bought a pair of size 11

Just bought a pair of size 11 Adams at Bull City Running in Durham, NC (about a 45 minute drive for me). They are now my "VFFs without toe pockets," the Holy Grail of what I've been hoping to find for about 9 months. I'm still adapting to how tightly to strap them down fore and aft to keep them comfortable but still keep my feet from moving about in them. The lack of toe pockets leaves more room for movement, which can be good or bad. I like the freedom it allows my toes to not only spread out, but also to relax and compress a bit when needed, which the VFFs with their forced separation of Church and State, or at least one toe from another, don't allow. I also prefer the lack of material between my toes. Time will tell, but these look like "It" for me.

Nice Phil! These are my

Nice Phil! These are my favorite shoes. The only thing I wish I could do with these is to buy one foot a 10 1/2 and the other an 11. The one foot is a little sloppy because I have to buy for the bigger foot. I could probably get away with a 10 even for the smaller foot. Oh well, these are still by far my favorite shoes so far.

interesting to read

interesting to read everyone's experiences. can't stand the look of the shoe, but considering. once upon a time, the vffs were liberating... no longer!

Just to get this out there.

Just to get this out there. Altra has dropped the price on the Adam! They got a better deal from the factory so they decided to share it with everyone. The Adam and Eve are now only $79 online. That's $20 less than before which I think now puts this shoe at the top of the list. you can't beat the durability, fit, and price of this shoe now.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts