Adelaide IBRD

We had our run in the early afternoon and despite my fears that it was going to rain during the afternoon it turned out to be bright and sunny. We were down on numbers as one of our group had a virus a decided to sit it out. I had contacted and emailed the details of the run to the South Australian Road Runners Club but was ignored by them. Could it be that their sponsors might not like barefoot runners?
We ran a lap of the lake at West Lakes at an easy pace to allow us to chat along the way. Most of the way the surface is smooth concrete or brick but in a couple of places it is spiky bitumen where the path crosses over the bridge. Rather than run along the smooth curb I ran over the bitumen, wow it sure was sharp, even for a vet.
We all made it around without problem and after to the House Cafe Bakery for a coffee and something to eat and a chat.
The photo below is just after we have finished our 6km run.
IBRD_2013_05_05S.jpg

Regards

Neil

Three or four of you, Neil? That sounds like a perfect run, with a meal and fellowship afterwards. Thank you for organizing something for Australia!

Hi TJ,
People are still very conservative when it comes to running and the marriage between feet and shoes is a long one. There must be a few secret barefoot runners in Adelaide as I was on my 11km run on Monday and in the last 500m I was sprinting along the concrete in near darkness, then I noticed another runner going at speed coming the other way and ...... he had no shoes on. Like ships that pass in the night. I thought he may have been doing some speed work and come back to where I was cooling down but I didn't see him again.
Tonight when I was out on my run I spotted another runner that bore an uncanny resemblence to Ken Bob running at a slow but steady pace in the opposite direction. I thought that once I got to the turnaround point of my run I should be able to catch him and see if I could join him up but he must have turned off at some point and I didn't pass him again.
We has a 32C day today in Adelaide, not bad for near winter.

Neil

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
See, they're coming out of the woodwork now! Hee. Next time, stop, turn, and yell at them...like I do, "Hey, you!" Hee.