A Barefoot Runner Choosen For One of the The North Face Trail Running Canadian Ambassadors

Barefooting Bob

Chapter Presidents
Jul 18, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
Yes, you read the title right, it has been a whirlwind month for me, with my new role within the BRS and now the confirmation of being choosen as one of the five Trail Running Ambassadors with The North Face and Canadian Trail Running. I will be representing the provinces of Manitoba and Saskatchewan for The North Face including testing their new yet to be released running gear as well as representing them at trail races.

With this honour comes great opportunities to help bring exposure to the BRS and barefoot / minimalistic running in Canada not only in trail running, which I will be engrossed in this year but also to other avenues.

I am so looking forward to this. Here is the press release that was issued very late last night.

http://trailrunner.ca/home/?p=2337

Probably not footwear, unless they have plans to release some new models in 2013. The North Face currently has one model that would be sort-of-deemed minimalistic, and I have tried them and they are similar to Nike Free's for heel/toe drop (not what I would call minimalistic). I expect most of the gear reviews will center around the clothing lines. I currently use quite a bit of it already and am personally a big fan of their products so I am really excited to see what they are looking at introducing this year.

Reactions: happysongbird
This is big for barefoot running! I am sure you will do an exceptional job of representing. Congrats!

Reactions: Barefooting Bob
Great news/achievement Bob, another milestone for Barefoot Running!

Dude! You're like a real live sponsored ath-a-lete! Outstanding! Does this mean that TNF flies you to trail races in a private jet filled with cheerleaders? (Which is how all athletes travel, I'm told...)

Really, damn I must of missed that little bit of information. I have still yet to sign my contract, negotiations cool ;).
No jets, no cheerleaders (my wife might appreciate that anyway), just free gear before it is released to the public and exposure. My requirements to uphold my end of the contract is to run a minimum of 3 trail races (got that covered in spades), review the gear that is given to me and write 5 articles through out the year. Should be achievable I would think. Oh yeah the other requirement is to have a lot of fun, so I should have that covered as well.