$50 Half Marathon for my Texas Peeps!!! McKinney, TX

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Jonny00GT, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Jonny00GT Chapter Presidents

Message Count:
    http://www.active.com/running/mckinney-tx/stonebridge-ranch-half-marathon-2012

Enter SBR2012 for $10 off making it $50! Should be a blast! Toni, THIS would be a barefoot friendly event! The McKinney Running Club, my peeps, will be working or running in it and most of them know me and have run or raced with me. This will be a pretty challenging course, but a nice area. I'll be using it as a training run since I was supposed to run 13mi this weekend anyway.

-Jonny
  2. rickwhitelaw Barefooters
    1. Utah

Message Count:
    Have a great race.  Sounds

Have a great race. Sounds like a lot of fun races in Texas this time of year.

So changing the topic a little. $60 for a half? People in my area are complaining because the prices went from $35 to $40 for this next year.

The range for marathons are around $80 to $100.

I know the Rock n Roll races are expensive. Some look fun, but not really my style of race.

3. Jonny00GT Chapter Presidents

Message Count:
    rickwhitelaw wrote:Have a

Wow, that's cheap! We usually pay $25-35 for a 5K and I don't think I've seen a half for less than $80 around here, depending on when you register. I know you can get in on the R&Rs for cheap if you register like a year in advance. Most of the more expensive races also give you a much nicer shirt...sport mesh, wicking, etc and not just a cheapy cotton one. They also usually have some nice stuff in the gift bag...

What "style" of racer are you, Rick? The R&R was a blast because of all the bands and people that came out to support. I'm sure the White Rock would have been the same if it were not for the rain and cold. I saw a lot of empty mini stages set up for a band and there were some who stuck it out and performed anyway...just threw up a cannopy.

I'll be doing this one as a training run since I have 13mi on the books for that day anyhow.

-Jonny