2014 (4th annual) International Barefoot Running Day - Georgia Chapter's Report

Discussion in 'IBRD™ - International Barefoot Running Day™' started by Barefoot TJ, May 6, 2014.

1. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Some of the members of the BRS's Georgia Chapter met up at Stone Mountain to celebrate 2014 (4th annual) International Barefoot Running Day. In attendance were Michael, Jim, Dave, Terry, Cole, Casey, and me (TJ). I walked and attempted to run a mile to (and back from) the children's playground with my boys Cole and Casey, while the others ran around the mountain, which is about five miles long. Afterwards, Terry, Cole, Casey, and I ate at one of the park's restaurants, while the others went their way. After Terry took off, Cole, Casey, and I stayed behind to watch a 4-D movie, ride the tram to the top of the mountain (largest exposed piece of granite in the world, almost 900 feet tall) where you can see all around north Georgia and to Atlanta, play at the Geyser water park, the Sky Walk (obstacle course 1, 2, and 3 stories above the ground), and the Big Barn (trampoline floors and netted tunnels, etc.). It was way too much for my poor ole feet to take, but I managed. It was a beautiful day!

To learn more about Stone Mountain: http://www.stonemountainpark.com

To learn more about the carving: http://www.stonemountainpark.com/activities/history-nature/confederate-memorial-carving.aspx

Topish Row: Jim, Michael, Dave, Terry
    Frontish Row: TJ, Casey, Cole

BRS_GAChapter_IBRD2014(1).jpg BRS_GAChapter_IBRD2014(2).jpg

stone mountain georgia.jpg

StoneMountain.jpg

Stone_Mountain_Park_01.jpg

StoneMountainCoverUnedited-Version-22.jpeg

mokaman and El Yuca Descalzo like this.
  2. mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

Message Count:
    Nice running with everyone...and TJ did do some running mixed with walking in the first mile or so.

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  3. barefoot_n_ga Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Message Count:
    This sounds and looks like a great time. If I hadn't been heading out of town, I would have joined you. I run on the Big Creek Greenway in Alpharetta or on the Suwanee Greenway. If anyone wants to meet up and run, let me know.

Run bare.

Gerry
    Duluth
    Barefoot TJ likes this.
  4. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    If that's what you call running. ;)