2000 Miles of Barefoot Hiking

I've kept track of my barefoot hiking since the beginning of 2006. (I'm referring to real barefoot, not minshod--when I did occasionally have to put something on my feet, I didn't count it in the total.) As of my hike yesterday the count went over 2000 miles (actually, it's currently at 2003.8).

I realize that I don't put on the sort of mileage that you real runners do, but it's still quite a bit if you think about it (and much of it was carrying either an 18-pound fanny pack or a 30-pound backpack).

I started hiking barefoot back in 1996 and wish I'd started keeping track immediately, but it's too late now.

I say a bit more (and describe my last hike) in this blog entry:

http://ahcuah.wordpress.com/2013/07/10/2000-miles/

CONGRATS! :cat:

Ahcuah also plays tennis barefoot on a regular basis, and has adapted to the cold to the extent of comfortably hiking barefoot with snow present on the trails.

Also impressive that you kept records.

You're right. In reality, 2000 miles isn't all that much (as most runners can attest to). What's "impressive" is the obsessive-compulsiveness of keeping all the records, and recording all the miles. o_O (And making up new maps as required so that I could measure the distance.)

The worst thing is that the only regret I have is not starting sooner . . . :shy:

Reactions: Sid